AK Rifles banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Great. It appears to be a very innovative solution to a problem that has plagued the AK platform. I purchased one for my 106CR. If it works as anticipated, I'll install them on several other AK's including my Aces.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Great. It appears to be a very innovative solution to a problem that has plagued the AK platform. I purchased one for my 106CR. If it works as anticipated, I'll install them on several other AK's including my Aces.
Very interesting. The original Galils threw the brass into the next county with a big dent in it.

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
My ACE ejects the cases farther than any of my AK rifles. It is amazing. I had it bench rested to zero it and enjoyed watching it kick the spent cases at least forty feet to the 2:00 position. A beautiful arc. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
BAM !!! Good on you !!!

I finally got my .308 out to break in today running dry for 80rds. Mainly function and plinking. Was not in a position to site in but it was shooting about a foot high off factory set irons @ 100yds.

I can't believe this thing!!! I have other .308/54r/8mm AK pattern DMR rifles (milled & stamped) and NONE are put together as trim and tight as this .308 Galil (except maybe my Serb M76). Had a chance to fire another guy's x39 today as well and it too was amazing. Almost makes me want to ditch my AKs. I have a great Yugo underfolder I NEVER shoot. Might have to sell it to get fund towards a x39 Galil.

Mine gently tosses it's .308 brass within 3-10 feet usually forward. Good dent in em as advertised.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
GS455, does the metal handguard heat up? I generally don't like metal handguards, but the Ace handguards are too fat.

·
Registered
383 Posts
GS455, does the metal handguard heat up? I generally don't like metal handguards, but the Ace handguards are too fat.
I didn't do more than one 20rd mag at a time but a couple of them were pretty fast firing. The hand-guard was a little warm. Not hot by any means. I wouldn't expect high heat until 2-3 mags at once were fired but that's not really target shooting.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Thanks for letting me know. I don't understand why IWI made such a bulky handguard.

·
Registered
383 Posts
First time I saw it I thought it reminiscent of the Israeli FAL design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone with both the 5.56 and 308 know if the BHO from the 5.56 can be fitted into the 308? Not too concerned with the release button (don’t want to drill holes) just wondering if it’s doable. From looking at pics of the 5.56 and comparing it to my 308 it looks pretty close.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts