AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, anyway. My question, I've had 3 SAR1s (2000 & 2001) purchased when they were still legal here in Connecticut. The 2000 is the beater and the other the safe queen. I've put well over 4000 rounds (maybe more) through the 2000 and the original Century trigger assm. is still in the gun and operating nicely. Anyone else have this kind of luck? My first SAR1 (a 1999) looked mean as a battlefield rifle (scratches, poor finish,etc.) but I returned it the same week because the trigger slap was awful right out of the box. Any SAR1 owners still chugging away with the same old Century FCG like me?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Welcome to the Site Conn AK,I've had several SAR 1s but after having trigger slap on the first two,I started changing them out as soon as I'd get them home.It seemed to be the only weak link in the whole system.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Trigger slap in about 500 rounds through mine SAR 1. I switched to a G2 FCG. Now many many rounds later no slap at all. Cheers WarDawg

G

·
0 Posts
It's a 5 minute fix with a dremel on the disconnector if you don't want to bother with replacement.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
My kid's SAR 2 has the original FCG, working fine and he likes the stock two stage pull better than the single stage on my Gordon equipped SAR 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts