AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new AK owner here. I purchased both an N-PAP and an O-PAP.

I'm doing some modifications and had a few questions.

1. I'd like to put a QD sling mount on the buttstock but had a question as to where the best/ideal location for it is. I generally like to run my sling connected as far forward and back as possible to get a nice tight fit to my body when I cinch up the sling and/or when transitioning to a sidearm.
  2. Muzzle brake/compensator. I've read various opinions until I'm blue in the face. I'm kind of intrigued by the Viper Anivenom but that is one pricey piece of gear for a $550 rifle. Any thoughts here?
  3. Aftermarket pistol grip. I have gorilla hands and would like a larger pistol grip, any favorites with the guys with big hands?

Thanks.

·
Banned
950 Posts
I'm kind of intrigued by the Viper Anivenom but that is one pricey piece of gear for a $550 rifle.

Your barking up the wrong tree here saying you don't want to spend more money on an otherwise $500 rifle. My SAR 1's I bought for $400 run better than ANY of the two dozen AR's I have owned, AUG's, even HK's. If your life depends on it, the AK is the best overall weapon ever created. However I am firm believer in building your go to rifle the way you want when you need it.

1.There is a sling mount called the Falcon/Ergo that mounts under the pistol grip.
Single Point AK Sling Adapter Plate [E2-34] - $24.95 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories

2. Try CNC warrior, I don't know your thread pitch but he has something for just about every thread pitch.
25177 AK Twisted Menace Muzzle Brake

3. Large pistol grip.
Molot Style AK Pistol Grip - MD ARMS [MDGrip] - $19.99 : Mississippi Auto Arms, Inc ::, Your Source for Saiga, AK47, AR15, Tromix, Glock, and SKS firearms and accessories

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"saying you don't care about spending a little on an otherwise $500 rifle"

I didn't say that actually, but thanks for the suggestions.

I have XXL sized hands, so I can definitely benefit from a larger grip.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hello everyone, new AK owner here. I purchased both an N-PAP and an O-PAP.

I'm doing some modifications and had a few questions.

1. I'd like to put a QD sling mount on the buttstock but had a question as to where the best/ideal location for it is. I generally like to run my sling connected as far forward and back as possible to get a nice tight fit to my body when I cinch up the sling and/or when transitioning to a sidearm.
  2. Muzzle brake/compensator. I've read various opinions until I'm blue in the face. I'm kind of intrigued by the Viper Anivenom but that is one pricey piece of gear for a $550 rifle. Any thoughts here?
  3. Aftermarket pistol grip. I have gorilla hands and would like a larger pistol grip, any favorites with the guys with big hands?

Thanks.

Midwest Industries: Single Point Rear Sling Adapter

NIghtBrake 14x1L

Big Mongo - Custom Grip

Buy with confidence from forum members Manticore Arms and Ronin.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the pics, very helpful! I think my XXL hands will do nicely on that MALOT style grip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts