AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else heard/seen the new 60 round box mags the Russians are designing for the AK?

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
Someday someone will make these, and we can all scramble for them then.
I wish I had the tooling, and technical knowhow, I"d give it a shot. :neutral:

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
JoeMomma said:
Would there be any potential laws from our friends in ATF that would prohibit production of a domestically produced high capacity mag???
Nope!

Only issue maybe some state law and then that maybe only due to restriction of sale.

ATF will only have a say when you want to export.

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
Hootbro said:
JoeMomma said:
Would there be any potential laws from our friends in ATF that would prohibit production of a domestically produced high capacity mag???
Nope!

Only issue maybe some state law and then that maybe only due to restriction of sale.

ATF will only have a say when you want to export.
Good deal! I sure hope that guy can make them, AND get them to work well. Forty five rounders have a certain "coolness factor", but they are a tad long.
One thing is for sure, if this guy can pull this off, he might not be able to quit his day job, but he will have some extra coin in his bank account.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
rayman1 said:
I think there's going to be issues with feeding. Notice the Russians never fielded it. :neutral:
Mabey...mabey not. Mabey a fresh look into the design by a young eager man will solve the problems.
The Russians could have solved the problem, but from a military standpoint they might have thought it was not worth the time and effort and then pulled the funding.
Who knows, mabey if this guy solves some of the problems in the design, he could sell the patent rights to them.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
No, he should hold onto the patent rights and sell MAGS to them! Or at least trade some to them for things WE want over here.

It would also keep some actual manufacturing jobs here in the US.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Izhmash will soon be making 5.45x39 quad mags for the AK-74. These will be made for the Russian Military. Since Izhmash is working on a co-production deal with Arsenal of Bulgaria, maybe these mags will become available in the states.

A 7.62x39 quad mag would be huge.

·
Super Moderator
25,843 Posts
AZSAIGA said:
Izhmash will soon be making 5.45x39 quad mags for the AK-74. These will be made for the Russian Military. Since Izhmash is working on a co-production deal with Arsenal of Bulgaria, maybe these mags will become available in the states.

A 7.62x39 quad mag would be huge.
Hope its true...where did you come by this information?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts