AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded my SA 1911 for a Ruger New Model Blackhawk, 4 5/8" .357. 70s manufacture, reblued by Ruger, slicked up by Bowen.

We were both trading our only guns of their respective calibers, but the dilemma arose of trading ammo. He had a "quantity of nice .357" and I only had a box of 20 gold dots for the .45. Being young, dumb and full of.....anyway, I dont have much money and offered to pay for shipping for the .357.

Long story short, he shipped it to me out of his pocket and it arrived today! 97 rounds of Cor-Bon DPX....which by my estimates is about...oh almost 170 dollars worth of ammo! I was shocked when I tallied up the cost. Being 22, thats a large chunk of change for me.

PICS!
Said Ammo and cat:

Ruger:
This thing is a smooth as butter on a slip n' slide. Amazing trigger. I want to change out the Grip Frame and Ejector Rod Housing though. The painted aluminum annoys the hell out of me..

P.S. Any one in the E-Tex area need a box of .45 Gold Dot?

·
Registered
446 Posts
NICE i lub dem woogers. i've always said if you can have only one gun. make it a blackhawk in 357. realitivly cheap to practice with(if you use 38spl),dead reliable,very accurate,can hunt to survive and protect your home. and just about anything else you can think of. nice of the guy on the ammo too.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fullautotogo said:
NICE i lub dem woogers. i've always said if you can have only one gun. make it a blackhawk in 357. realitivly cheap to practice with(if you use 38spl),dead reliable,very accurate,can hunt to survive and protect your home. and just about anything else you can think of. nice of the guy on the ammo too.
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I cannot wait. I love it so far, the weight, the smoothness of the trigger. Like I said my only complaints(so far) is the aluminum. I would like to get a Brass frame and steel rod housing. I have heard some things about the steel rod housings stripping the retaining screws, but some smith I found, found away to fix that.

The ammo surprised me. Too generous.

nalioth said:
DarbyFett said:
P.S. Any one in the E-Tex area need a box of .45 Gold Dot?
Is Houston 'east' enough?
Its east enough, just too south. I am in Tyler.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
:thumbsdown: For selling your .45, I miss mine everyday. Good score on the classic Ruger, they don't make revolvers like that anymore.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rdm said:
:thumbsdown: For selling your .45, I miss mine everyday. Good score on the classic Ruger, they don't make revolvers like that anymore.
I plan on getting another one(some day). My taste in guns is changing, not to keen on Modern weapons(Except the FNs I have seen Templar shooting :drool:).If it doesn't at least LOOK like it could have been designed/made before 1947, I am not to interested. It was a loaded mil spec and it was a little to Modern/Tactical for me. I want to track down a WWII issue 1911 or buy a SA equivalent.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cameron said:
I'd love to buy your 45 ammo, I'm just over at lake fork.
Do you ever come to Tyler for any reason? I do not have a car right now. Gladly do a face to face. And its only 20 rounds.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice piece. Thats a Bowen rear sight and a Belt Mountain cylinder pin. And it has a Bowen trigger job. Dont change anything! Its perfect as is.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have a Blackhawk in .45 LC about the same vintage as yours. It is my favorite handgun to shoot in fact. Going through 50 take as long time. You will enjoy it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts