AK Rifles banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the 43rd anniversary of the attack on USS Liberty.

On june 8, 1967 after 8 hours of aerial surveillance, isreal launched a 2-hour air and naval attack against USS liberty, the worlds most sophisticated intelligence ship, inflicting 34 dead 172 wounded American servicemen.
Attack lasted 25 minutes, during which unmarked israely aircraft dropped napalm canisters on Liberty's bridge and fired 30 mm cannons and rockets into ship, causing 821 holes . more than 100 were rocket-sized. Survivors estimates 30 or more sortiers were flown over the ship by a minimum 12 attacking israeli planes , which were jamming all 5 American emergency radio channels

this was a terrible day for US Veterans that survived and remember that day.
remember those who died for this country.

· Registered
3,098 Posts
elvis christ said:
[quote="gun papa":f1w91quw]I have never heard this before.
Nor have I.[/quote:f1w91quw]

me neither....

· Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Good thing the USA never killed an ally with friendly fire ... :doh:

I advise toning down the anti-jew retoric on the AKForum BEFORE people start getting banned for this bullshit ... :wink:

· Registered
2,976 Posts
There is a reason that it isn't well known or publicized, the incident is widely regarded as a major cover up. The only reason I have prior knowledge of this is because I took an "Arab-Israeli Conflict" class in college.

The ship's captain was awarded a Medal of Honor under wraps at a shipyard, instead of the traditional way, basically as a placater I'm guessing.

· Banned
1,157 Posts
WOW!

we were attacked by our ally isreal?how come i never heard of this?what happened?how come this isn"t front page news?they shot at the ship for 25 minutes and shot 2 american flags off the ship?they straffed the life boats in the water and killed 43 of our men?sounds just like they did to the flotilla the other day.let us mourn the brave men who died that day in defence of our country,and never forget who killed them and why.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Apache said:
Good thing the USA never killed an ally with friendly fire ... :doh:

I advise toning down the anti-jew retoric on the AKForum BEFORE people start getting banned for this bullshit ... :wink:
I'm not seeing any anti-jew rhetoric around here, did I miss something?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.