AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are pics of my grandfathers vz33 police carbine he picked up in a bombed out factory its all matching# and bore is minty... The flag was picked up over there and the end is tattered and blood stained...
He was an ambulance driver and went thru Africa and later France then into Germany... Never forget ... We have all these vets to thank for their sacrifice!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
We have all these vets to thank for their sacrifice!! More true words couldn't be said! my grandfather just passed away 3 weeks ago(A WW 2 Vet) so I fully understand your sentence even more now. my grandfather was always proud when I wore my medals but I always said I did 1/10th of what he had did in the war

thanks for sharing those awesome pics

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
My step Dad served in the pacific during and after WWII. Being able to type saved him from combat. He always joked he flew a desk in the Air Corps. His four other brothers all served in the Euro theatre. They saw combat. His next younger brother was in the Battle of the bulge. I still remember how he'd get anxious when I was kid when thunderstorms came. Even 30 years after, it tore at him.
Only my Dad and his youngest brother are left now. Dad was the oldest of seven siblings. Dad'll turn 86 this month. I still call him every week to remind him what he means to me. His was a great generation.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wow, that is really cool, great family history and story. I was just thinking about doing some pics of my K98 with some bring backs I have from my Grandfather. Mostly small things but it really is neat stuff.
Tint

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow- Very nice souveniers! We must NEVER forget the courage and sacrifices of our veterans!

As nice as the rifle is, I would like to see some more pics of the German Cross (swastica on "star" badge) and the Fallschirmjager badge (diving eagle surounded by wreath).

While their family value is absolutely priceless, they may also be worth many thousands of dollars, especially the rare ARMY Fallschirmjager (paratrooper) badge. Valuable enough to definately put a rider on your home owners insurance policy!

FYI,
John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts