AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
So thats how they are going to get around the barrel ban!
Barrel is un-threaded and never fitted to an AK so by law it's just a 7.62X39 blank :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
CANDYMAN said:
its a pita
but for 150 bucks its totaly worth it
good find
Probably not, unless you build it yourself.

The unfinished kit, you must do everything. Fit all the parts, drill any rivit holes, headspace the barrel, drill the barrel pin slot in the barrel, drill the gas port (to the correct size), install the front end parts, fit the barrel parts to the barrel, etc..

Any builder is going to charge much more then the standard $200-300 build charge...

·
Registered
185 Posts
yea your total right
if you have it built bend over

but its no biggie for me to do all those thangs so in my case its a good deal

btw anytime you say krink the build price doubles anyway lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Total newb to the building of AKs, are all these parts new unused? I semi understand what you are saying about the difficulty of assembling this kit. I am even guessing that a receiver channel is the same as a regular receiver.

I've never built an AK before would this be worth picking up for a first timer? Maybe sending some of the work out as needed if I didn't have the proper tools?

I appologize ahead of time, I never intended on asking stupid questions so soon, I just got interested in attempting an AK build and have just recently started reading all the threads re building, but I'm really impressed with this kit/set up. I could easily see me dumping a couple hundred extra to the Feds for the short barrell on this..

John P..

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
For a first time build, you'd probably want to go with something that's been assembled before.

The 'unfinished' parts, that are already done on a standard 'kit' add complexity, time and expense to the build. By 'expense' I mean more tools to buy.

Buy a kit, and squirrel it away. Then, build a bunch of 'G' Romanian guns to learn on. You don't want to screw up a Yugo Krink. Wait until you can jump in on a group build, or gain confidence enough to build the Krink (or pay someone to build it).

·
Registered
775 Posts
Guys,
No we brought these brls in before the end of the year ban, I just never mentioned them till we got the rest of the parts here. Ban is on brls like this, its no loop hole. Kits are shipping, were maybe a day or two behind, but most all have been shipped.

[email protected]

·
Banned
413 Posts
It would make great spare parts for someone who already has a Bulgy krink. Keep what you want and sell off the rest.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts