AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SSR 85C from Atlantic Firearns. It's Bulgarian made w/blond wood. They also have the same SSR 85C w/black poly. I want to order The black poly and replace the black poly with dph arms Russian Laminate wood. Can I do this and be legal? Can I also do same to blond wood? THX.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DPH arms stock sets are not US made. Is there other parts I can change to US parts , use the DPH stock set and still meet the US compliance? What are the other parts? THX for the info Atlantic Firearms.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't know what US parts are in those particular rifle's but here is a quick run down of some compliant parts you can use (If your rifle doesn't have these already) in order to install foreign made handguards and stock.

FCG=3 Parts
Gas Piston-1 Part
Slant Brake-1 Part
Rear Grip-1 Part

Total 6.

You could also substitute one of the above parts with a US made magazine follwer. All the above parts are available through DPHArms. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info lionhart. I know the slant brake is US made. It has US on it,but I don't know about the other parts. I'll have to figure out what parts are US. I really like the DPH arms Russian Laminate wood and the SSR 85 form Atlantic Firearms. Like I said before I have the SSR85 w/blond wood, I want to get the SSR 85 w/ black poly and use the DPH stock set. I'm new to AK's so I'm trying to learn all I can. How many US parts need to be on an AK? Again THX for the info.

·
Registered
615 Posts
If the black poly rifle doesn't have a marked US FCG, I would replace that, and include a US marked rear grip. Since the slant brake is US marked, you will then need one additional US part. That could be followers or a piston.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the great info lionhart. That helps alot. I think I can make this work. I'll have to talk to Blaine at Atlantic on monday. Again THX for info :hail:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The rifles should have the US stock set & pistol grip 3 , fire control 3 and possibly a US slant brake , this is per the most recent info we have from the importer and subject to change.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Atlantic Firearms for info. What I want to do is get a SSR 85 black/poly and put the DPH Arms Russian Laminate wood stock set{ not US made} on it. So I need to see what parts I need to change. I think this can be done but, not sure. I don't want to order the SSR 85 poly if this can't be done.

·
Registered
615 Posts
YES, as I pointed out above, it can be done. You will need SIX US compliant parts in order to install the non-US handguards and buttstock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts