AK Rifles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I went through this a while ago, and there seemed to be different triangle stocks all over the place. I finally got tired of looking and decided that my best bet was to buy the Khyber pass receiver and the Taiwan stock from AK Builder, since they specifically stated that this combo would work. It all came together perfectly, no fit problems, nicely aligned holes and no problems whatsoever. The quality of the stock was great, maybe not military grade but very solid and well made.

With the demise of the 80% receivers, you can't buy them from AKB anymore. You will probably have to talk to Childers or Recreator and see if they either have a receiver for your particular stock, or if they know of a stock that fits one of their receivers. Another option would be to custom order a receiver without the holes, and modify it to fit your stock.

I have been trying to warn people previously, that many of these triangle folding stocks being marketed as "bulgarian" "russian" "foreign made" etc by vendors all over, are actually USA &/or Korean made garbage.
Trunnions are way out of spec (too wide) to the point, they cannot be thinned enough to fit into standard ak 1mm receiver, rivet holes wont line up, metal is cheap and other parts left a lot to be desired when compared to originals.
You would think that they could at least get the overall trunnion size right, so that alone tells you what you need to know. There's probably no need to even continue trying if you find that something is that badly out of whack. The Taiwan stock from AKB seems to be good though, I was pleasantly surprised to see how well it worked. It's much more expensive than the stocks from Atlantic, but there could very well be a reason for that.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I appreciate input and will probably end up working one of those. After looking around the various forums I have seen several others with similar issues. My main reason for wanting to do a 5.5mm is I have a russain triangle stock I'll post a picture in the thread. When comparing it with the one from Atlantic Arms its a world of difference in quality.
There's still time to order the combo I used from AK Builder, after the 23rd you can't buy that receiver anymore. You will have to finish up the 80% receiver though, and investing in a drill jig may not be a good idea at this point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts