AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys this is what I need to know. Got a SAR 2 that Im up gradeing. InRange is going to put a Rommie 74 FSH on it for me while she's over there for repairs. Im rounding up parts for the job in hand.

#1 can anyone show me or tell what a true 74 plunger pin is suppose to look like and what lenght ?

#2 Also can anyone show me or tell me what a true Rommie 74 crosspin ( the one that entraps the plunger and spring looks like ?

#3 Is the cross pin that entraps the plunger and spring on a Rommie 74 FSH a solid pin or is it a flared style like on a bulgie 74 FSH ?

I haven't been able to find them on line. I have a few 47 plunger pins that I think will work. The 47 style plunger pins have the cut out so it can be entrapped by the front cross pin. But there is no front cross pin on a 74 style FSH. So I guess the cut out in a pin on a 74 plunger isn't there ??? I think the 47 sylte will work just fine. I just got to make sure the spring/ pin is long anough to get good pressure.

Now to the cross pin that entrappes the plunger and spring. On my Bulgie 74 it's a style that goes through and appears to be flared on one side. If you have a 74 stlye rifle and look you will see what Im talking about. I guess I can use a solid pin for it if I can't come up with a flared style. Be nice if I could get a flared style.

Thanks for hearing me out..... WarDawg

G

·
Don't take my word for it but I don't think the Romanian AK-74 FSB is any different really in basic construction from the ones on my Bulgarian AK-74's from looking at the pictures at K-VAR of the Romanian and looking at the AK-74's here in front of me. One is the 24mm the other is 22mm but they look to basically work the same way in how the plunger pin is retained in the FSB housing.

The Romanian AK-47's have a notch which the cross pins go through.

The AK-74's appear to have a straight retainer pin that is installed from the rear of the FSB and then the spring is installed and it is all held in place from coming out the rear of the FSB by a cross rivet. The retainer/plunger pin is the held in place out of the front of the FSB by a lip which meets the threads on which the AK-74 brake is threaded. There is no need for a crosspin going through a notch on the plunger pin.

The first picture is the Bulgarian FSB

The second is the Romanian for the SAR-2

Romanian AK-74 plunger pin

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16435&cat=303&page=1

correct plunger spring for Romanian AK-74 FSB

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16517&cat=319&page=1

You could probably use the Bulgarian AK-74 spring and plunger pin. Some modification may be needed.

As for the rear rivet through the back of the FSB I can't find the item on K-VAR's site for the Romanian FSB, The Bulgarian ones come complete but I am sure InRange could come up with that part or make one. It looks as though a roll pin of the correct diameter could be utilized and then flattened/flared on the ends to retain it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. You understood me 100% . I understood you 100% . Some how when I orderd from KVAR I missed the 74 plunger and spring. I searched for it and missed it by a mile. I ordered one for an AKM ( 47 ) . Wrong one :( . Well going to send another order to Kvar. Thanks again, WarDawg

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks MAK. I went back to KVAR and finally saw the area I missd before. I have them all ordered. Sending an internet beer your way.... Cheers Wardawg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts