AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I contacted a guy selling a tavor. He listed it in Louisiana. I asked if he could ship it. This is his response-

Hello. Thanks for the mail.

Glad to know you're interested in my Gun. But I must let you know I'm not in the state at the moment. I'm in California for an emergency. My son is in a chronic health condition so I had to rush down here. His mom and I are separated so he lives with her here.. And I don't think i will be coming back soon.

But I brought the gun here with me because I know I might probably come up with a deal with a buyer and I'll have to ship the gun out from here. So if you still want to have a deal, let me know. Then I'll give out my number and some other things you need so we can talk on Payment and the shipment of the gun will be handled by my FFL dealer here via FedEx or Ups.

Thanks

My concern is that he gets the money and I never see the gun. Should I run?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
SCAM!!! RUN!!

No one talks like that!! Who the fuck would say "Glad to know you're interested in my Gun" and a phrase like that is ALWAYS followed by "I'm not in the state at the moment"

Did he bring the Tavor with him to Cali?
Was the price too good to pass up?

When the seller starts talking a lot, is happy that youre interested, always followed by some sort of a problem like family emergancy/out of town/out of country...Its a scam. I guaranty you the next thing will be he"ll send you a link for Paypal or ask for some weird payment like a wire transfer.

You can always play along and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Likely scam..a lot of these stories involving two seperate locations going around now..same story with slight changes and likely a sob story email when you back away. Keep your money!

·
Premium Member
13,053 Posts
Two locations, sob story and 35% to 50% off new price is a scam. To Good To Be True will always keep you safe. The California and Louisiana scam started the week before
Labor Day and is making the rounds. Stay vigilant!

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
It's a scam. Too many red flags and the location change is fishy. I'd bet if you told him "We have a deal...but I'll wait until you get back to Louisiana"...that you wouldn't hear another peep from him. There's plenty of Tavors for sale from reputable places. Is it worth a couple grand to save a couple hundred? If you get scammed you'll find out it's not real quick.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'd run too. Our store just got 4 Tavor's that we ordered a week before, so there's no shortage of them. A fair price is $1900. Just get one local to you. They also make them for lefty's. Different bolt. GARY

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I reported it as a scam and then suddenly got about 20 junk emails. I think the guy was pissed :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts