AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all new guy from Ohio here. I'm looking to pick up my first ak this month but am having a hard time choosing between two variants first is the M10 from Atlantic,i like this rifle because of all new parts although I'd probably switch out to some classic wood furniture. The other is the wasr 10/63 from jgsales. They have a combo with a bayonet for 549. With this rifle i don't mind finishing the furniture and doing some duracoat. My concern would be making sure it's actually a 10/63 as lots of stores in my area have mislabeled 10's. Also they have this labeled as a 10/63m not sure what the m is for.. i have handled the M10 and a wasr 10 locally and liked both. Is the fact that the M10 is all new parts worth an extra 100 Any help suggestions experiences would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I believe they are basically the same Romanian AK rebuilt in Romania from full auto AKs with a new semi-auto receiver, I believe earlier rifles were made with new trunnions though. They are imported with single stack magazine openings and re-cut by the importer who also installs enough U.S. parts to qualify as an American made rifle. The reputation of these weapons is spotty as to quality and the parts being lined up correctly, but if everything is straight then they are satisfactory, as far as AK s go they are bottom of the barrel minimum,. Accessories like a Bayonet etc. should not really influence the deal since the Rommy run of the mill bayonets are dirt cheap, magazines are not very expensive either so shop around.

·
Banned
950 Posts
In my un-professional opinion skip the WASR's and the M10's, go for the SAR 1's instead.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
You are not very going to find a SAR 1 at retail and not easily from an individual. And not likely under $625.
If you like the style of the M10 which is not a conventional look., then it is not a bad deal and Atlantic is a very good vendor.
Another option in that price range is the Zastava O-Pap rifle.

·
Banned
950 Posts
You are not very going to find a SAR 1 at retail and not easily from an individual. And not likely under $625.
If you like the style of the M10 which is not a conventional look., then it is not a bad deal and Atlantic is a very good vendor.
Another option in that price range is the Zastava O-Pap rifle.

More than a few SAR 1's on gunbroker right now for under $625.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts