AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,i have the opp to trade for an Elite built on ORF Galil ARM kit in .223, it has the carrying handle and bipod and the current owner states hes had no problems with it but ive also heard to stay awy from the ones by Elite...can anyone give me any info first hand either for or against and if so, i need to know something very soon..thanks..heres the gun in the link i can get..thanks in advance
tom

http://elitefirearms.net/_wsn/page6.html

its the .223 ARM with wood forearm

·
Registered
839 Posts
If I were in your shoes I would go over it with the finest of fine toothed combs. I would check the head-space and if possible take it for a "test drive". That and if you have them (or can borrow them) take an Oralite mg and a steel mag and check their lock up..

That is all I can think of right now.

Good luck,

--->APB

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
advice much appreciated and im actually goin to pass based on some other readin ive been doing as well! thanks again

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Mr. M.P.,

Have fun with your InRange SERII Galil.

If I were to buy one today, that would be my first choice for sure.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you! i think i made the much better choice by goin with the In Range build!

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
MrMilitaryPolice said:
thank you! i think i made the much better choice by goin with the In Range build!
A big 10-4 on that!....once you get all the doughnut crumbs out of it, it should run like a top! :lol:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Own an Inrange Galil and as you know by now they rock. Haven't used it a ton but enough to know it runs like a top and is accurate as the dickens. As for Elite, buddy just had them make a firearm and all I can say is total crap work, and overpriced crap work at that. Safety has the nice tab on it for flicking down with your finger, except all he did was cut off a piece of flat stock and weld it on 90 degrees out with some crappy grinding/sanding on it(there were literally still grind marks on it under the coating visible) With unsmoothed angles on the corners. The brake on front was some vague Tromix copy of cheap thin tubing, guessing .090(didn't measure it but I've done a lot of machining so have a good eye for it.) The front HK sight? rofl, he was too lazy to grind the original saiga sight base off so he just took the HK sight bridged it over it and welded the tabs down so there are two gaps on each side instead of the HK sight base being flush and wrapped to the base of the tube. Contact, good luck, he'll take your money just fine but any further communication has been pathetic. As for the holes where the original rivets were when he moved the trigger forward? Again too lazy to weld them over and grind/refinish, slapped rivets in them and even missed one at that. Stay away at all costs in my opinion. I'd be embarrassed to call myself a gunsmith if that's the kind of work I put out.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
If I'm not mistaken ELITE FIREARMS is runned by a hilljack hack that is known as "diamond dave".. stay away!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep, i went with Troys In Range build and i got AKF#76 and its a beauty! I owe the original buyer a BIG favor and more. Im thrilled with the gun..had to do some 'fitting' to the 5 Orlite mags i got for it but thats no biggie and to be expected. Pics later...thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts