AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang.

Thinking about building a fun little SBR and am looking at the recent imports of Romanian "AK-47 Pistols" that appear to be made from AIMR guns.

Thinking the AIMR would be my goal and using the pistol as a starting point.

Does anyone have any information on the recently imported Romanian (appears to be Romanian anyway) "AK-47 Pistols?"

Any thoughts/reviews on them? Are they built from new kits? Used kits? Do the numbers match? Condition of the bores? etc.

Any pics?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
New, matching guns with the correct rear sight. The best parts is:

Unfinished factory underfolder trunion is installed. Mill all 8 holes & you're good to go(pending F1 approval).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both very much, that’s the kinda info/project I’m looking for.

wgallc said:
New, matching guns with the correct rear sight.
How was the bore when you bought the pistol? (all new I'm thinking)

Now, where to find a 7.62 AIMR flash hider?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
JTR said:
Any thoughts/reviews on them? Are they built from new kits? Used kits? Do the numbers match? Condition of the bores? etc.
They're not built from kits at all.

These are brand new Romanian built guns with Romanian triggers ( no slap ) and everything else.

Not every Kalashnikov is a kit build.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a couple extra "G" kits and was wondering about using one for an AIMR build too, but would need the FSB/gas block, piston and gas tube as well as the flash hider.

Can't seem to find those parts anywhere.

Thinking the pistol is the way to go.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a couple pics of a friend's rifle...

Pretty much exactly what I want to build.

His is an old SBR on a "pre-ban" Chinese receiver,; I'll head to the fun show tomorrow in search of that "Romanian AK-47 pistol."

Gotta find that flash hider though.

Friends gun…

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
im going to get one this month.

or wait till oct and go to knob creek and see what they got.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
wgallc said:

Unfinished factory underfolder trunion is installed. Mill all 8 holes & you're good to go(pending F1 approval).
WOW great,thanks for the info
I didnt realize they had the correct rear sight and the UF trunnion already installed kinda makes it very appealing..
I might just end up selling my rec and AIMR parts and buy a pistol instead,I was already planning on building it as an UF anyways so this sounds real nice

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I had a nice M92 krink style pistol and couldn't hit anything consistently with it. It had a "cool" factor all right but I traded it for another AK after about a year or so.
I really can't tell you about the Romey pistols,just letting you know about my experience with the AK pistol in general.
I'd try somebody's pistol first before I bought one and went the some what expensive SBR route.
Just trying to give a little free advice. :wink:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
wgallc said:

I like that pic...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hot diggity, anybody know a good gunsmith that will install an underfolder kit assembly once the required Gov't paperwork is approved, I have mine shown in above ak-net link, that would make me happy wearing an underfolding stock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts