AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planing to buy an S&J custom Titan compensator Recoil Brake for my GP75. The Compensator demensions according to the vendor for the 7.62 are industry standards 14 mm X 1 L Threads. Now my question to everyone is, will that fit my GP75 barrel without any problems, or will I have to make adjustments? Thank you all for any help you may provide! I am new to this and learning as I go. Rom.

·
Registered
107 Posts
you will want to measure the threads with calipers. Romanians can be 1/2-28 also, it depends on the import configuration of the rifle. Some romys had the original 14mm threads turned off and were rethreaded 1/2 after importation and purchase by end user. Its a safe guess that your threads are 14mm, but measure just to be certain....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Spuninmo, this is the kind of info I need to help me build up my Romy!
Rom.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Your barrel should be threaded in 14L.
W/O "any" problems may be another matter.
It is Century and WASR subset after all.
My GP75 had lots of issues, none at the muzzle, however.
I've used a new hacksaw blade to score the welds on the muzzle nut, and a blunt chisel to "impact" the nut loose. Then they spin off as if normal.
Good luck.
Have fun.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
In the forest at end of a long dirt road in Ga
340 Posts
GP75 was a domestically assembled rifle by one of Century’s lowest-bid contractors using US made non-chrome lined barrel on US made (NoDak?) receiver and a few Romanian parts.

I’m not sure why it would have a tack-welded barrel nut, but I would simply eyeball its threads to see if are left hand, and if they are, then is a 99% probability they would be 14-1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now this info Works! I think I'll start with checking the threads first to see if are "left-handed" or not? Then I'll move on to the more detailed stuff.
Once again, thanks a whole bunch!
Rom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts