AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have pulled, beat it with a rubber mallet, tried to drive it out with a hammer...and it won't budge. BTW, yes I took the screws out. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cruzie27 said:
wrap it in something,..put it i a vise,...take a hammer and brass punch,.. put the punch against the wood in that space under the rear trunnion on the inside ,..then beat it like it owes you a lot of money
I tried that too with a piece of wood...didn't work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the exact same problem yesterday. I got frustrated and got a big honking flathead screwdriver and wedged it in between the stock and the receiver right beside where the stock screws are. I just started working one side and then the other, slowly rocking it back and forth. It finally popped off without any damage. At that point, I was pretty relieved.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
TexGunner said:
I had the exact same problem yesterday. I got frustrated and got a big honking flathead screwdriver and wedged it in between the stock and the receiver right beside where the stock screws are. I just started working one side and then the other, slowly rocking it back and forth. It finally popped off without any damage. At that point, I was pretty relieved.

Good luck with it.
+1 When I refinished the wood on mine I wedged it out with a screwdriver. Don't be gentle, put it in a vice if you have to and work that mofo :mrgreen:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robpiat said:
Hmmm....You are gonna need a UGA Grad to do that.
Good idea. Too bad they're all busy working down at the truck stop right now. :lol:

WAR EAGLE!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Success! I went to Lowes and got a new punch, and then beat the Hell out of it. I thought the wood was about to split, but then it finally came loose. No damage to the outside of the stock, except for a couple of minor chips that can be sanded out. The receiver end is pretty beat up...but who cares. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I'm sure a firecracker and some black powder would work...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts