AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grin: Hi, i have researched all over and cant really find out any info. on my new gun! This good-looking ch. jungle-stock sks caught my eye and went home with me, 2 weeks ago, i dont know anything about the sks rifles but she was 99% cond. and rare to me, dont ever seeing one like her! Have not learned how to post pic. yet!
She came with a fiber-glass jungle stock,reddish and matching hand-guard, which was fact. texurized but no ribs on it. the ferrule as well as stock was
cut for a blade bay. which was missing, also had a 40 round duck-bill detach. mag. china stamped! Which i know is after-market!
On the rear sight it has a 3, on rec. starts with R Triangle letters 0405 then the 3 characters meaning 56 rifle!
ser. no. is 2100406X then sks 7.62x39 made in china then IC-KNXV-TN
it is milled and the barrel threated.
From what i can find out, i believe this was the original import stock.
Would it be illegal to put bay. on it since i believe the gun was made 64-66?
On the 0405 code it is not listed anywhere! I had even attempted to send e-mail to yooperj on his site, but did not work!
I have found out a few were imported with the jungle stocks and early blade bay. but a lot of jungle stocks were imported in 80s to replace worn wood ones. Thank You! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
709 Posts
Can you post a picture of the triangle code?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts