AK Rifles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
3,762 Posts
9 1/4" total but it's 9 1/8" from where the top cover locks into the tube to the gas block. If you're thinking doing what I think you may be thinking of doing then it's too short unless you have an undrilled barrel, plus the inside diameter is about .015 - .020 too small to fit on an AK gas block ...

:twisted:

· Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the o.d. of the galil gas tube? im doing a purist nitemare, my variation of the 2xtm. suomi donor barrel, with h&k triple frame. airsoft xm177 barrel extension. galil gastube, saiga-12 hg with highpoint heatshield and the EOD
tok bolt carrier. of course this ia a blowback build. im going to use the 3" of barrel i cut off of my saiga 12 for a barrel sleeve its 22.5mm o.d. to be turned down to press in a 74 trunnion. its thin enough that barrel pin will catch both the sleeve and suomi barrel, plus a plug weld on the bottom. it should handle the 9mm pressures no problem
if i could find one of those sleeves that saiga used to bolt the hg on with it would make things easier on me
http://www.lichtenbergresearch.com/2xtm/2xtm.html

· Premium Member
3,762 Posts
.775 ... I'm measuring an R4 tube so it's not perfect ...

Not even close to what I thought you might be up to but very cool. Pics required when done ... :beer:

· Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apache said:
.775 ... I'm measuring an R4 tube so it's not perfect ...

Not even close to what I thought you might be up to but very cool. Pics required when done ... :beer:
thats cool,it should fit in triple frame fairly good . i hope it turns out well enough to be able to post pics. i have done a few mutts, but this is my first calibur conversion. thanks for the info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.