AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting some US made Bulgy style CR blocks made and possibly Krink blocks as well, but I do not currently have my hands on one. I have a machinist all lined up to start a prototype, but I need some detailed plans and drawings for one. If anyone could help me out so we can help the AK building community out, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Those are usually cast parts, not milled. Be aware that Black Horse Arsenal seemingly has beaten you to the punch with the Krinkov castings. Not sure if they're real or not (they have a history of photoshopping ), but they have fairly convincing photos on their Facebook page. Also, there are a number of alternative combo blocks out there already that would be a reasonable good stand-in for the Bulgy pattern combo block (i.e., Venom Tactical, Bolton, Krebs, etc). I believe all of those are milled. So if you were going to make a true copy of the Bulgly pattern combo block, why would you make a copy of a copy, when in fact the 'real' combo block is Russian, and that's a different pattern. Here's the comparison:

-Thirtycal

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Is BHA even in business anymore? Even if they were, I wouldn't give then a penny of my money. Plenty of people got screwed hard by BHA.

There are other blocks out there but the problem is that their either a bolt on or nobody has them. Last decent block I seen was the US made ones that centerfire was selling which I believe are RTI blocks. Those are long gone now.

If you need dimensions or pics of a bulgy block I got a 105 barrel assembly that I haven't built yet. PM me with what you need and I'll try to help you out.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I won't hold my breathe on BHA releasing anything. I'm not doing this for a profit anyway. It'll be a small run to help people, like myself, who are in need of these and can't seem to find one around. The reason for the Bulgarian version is that the ID is the same as a 90 gas block and it can work on any standard 74 or 100 series style barrel without reprofiling. It is my understanding that the Russian version is a different ID. The current US made combo blocks are also for 45 degree ports only except the Venom tactical, but you still have to shorten the gas tube to install it on a 90 degree port since it'll accept either. Plus, I'd rather have a correct looking setup when I build my 105.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The Bulgarian FSB/GB are good because you do not need to shorten the barrel as you mentioned. The one major draw-back is that it is hard to find the shorter Krink muzzle booster that times right on the the Bulgarian FSB/GB. You could incorporate the position of the Russian retainer pin you would be doing everyone a huge favor.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
The Bulgarian FSB/GB are good because you do not need to shorten the barrel as you mentioned. The one major draw-back is that it is hard to find the shorter Krink muzzle booster that times right on the the Bulgarian FSB/GB. You could incorporate the position of the Russian retainer pin you would be doing everyone a huge favor.
Thats the beauty of building your own parts. You can sometimes improve on the original design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts