AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive talked to alot people now with wives from philipines but nobody has a recent story on steps they took to get her here. everyone is married 18 or 33 years ago. the laws are getting tighter and old methods of receipts and plane ticket stubs are a joke. the philipene govt now has hoops and hurdles set up like ive got to show baptismal records then be called by preist to get his signature I was in church. documents that ive never dreamed of etc etc if I go the marriage in Cebu route as wished by her parents which we had planned until now being told it will take 6 months after wedding before phil govt releases her then I hear up to 2 years now I hear its actually 3 years from a guy who is busy with shows and a gunshop and now wont answer his phone...its getting crazy hot in here or is it just me....hmm or.....k1 fiancée visa which that guy was telling me about on my phone when I could hear him. im confident someone here knows someone who can email me the best service they found and used. sofar im pulling my hair out hearing all sorts of conflicting stories from internet and and getting nowhere. if anyone has a buddy who married in the philipines or brought over and married somehow I need info on what actually worked. there are numerous sites that promise this and that. im told it will be 6 more months to 3 years of hell if I do it right or do it wrong. need help. supposedly k1 fiancée visa is quicker but listed without info as not as quick as marriage visa in long term. the first website emailed me back 5 days later with info where to pay 1000. or 450. already listed on site no info on questions asked whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
my wife came here on a K1 visa from Russia in 2006. the actual visa time was almost exactly 6 months from the day I mailed the application. I supplied my plane tickets, apartment rental agreement, school records since I was in Russia for 6 months and a ton of photos of us in Russia. I think a K3 visa is where you marry her there, not sure how that works but if you have been there and met her and all I would think it cant be all that different than what I did. I do know the USCIS is alot more wary of phillipino women because of all the girls doing internet things with Americans. My wife had to get signed off by the Russian police that she had never been in trouble and bring that with her to Moscow for the interview. So unless the Pi has weird rules of their own in theory it should not be that hard..you just have to prove you have a job and money in the bank..at least 3k they told me..my advise is get her a K1 visa..bring her here..get married..she has to stay at least 6 months before she can go out of US and she needs permission from USCIS or she may not be let back in..and i think there is a time limit of how long she can be out of country..but id do that then go back for a more traditional marriage there..then come home..

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know your being helpful thank you. the problem is getting her out of philipines free and clear in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Honestly, from what I've heard .. you should be treating this like waiting for a tax stamp. Don't expect anything quick. Granted, this is from speaking to one person who is going through the process of trying to bring his wife here from the Ukraine (which is where is from also).

·
Banned
950 Posts
Can't she just come here on a work or student Visa then adjust status stateside? My wife is foreign, she did all the paperwork to get her papers- I just signed stuff and went on interviews with some people in immigration. For all I know, I may owe my internal organs or something to nefarious characters if something went wrong.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm trying to get a visa for my Filipina to come to UK. So far it has cost a fortune and taken months. There are medical exams and English qualifications to pass. Now we're just about ready for the visa interview and it takes 3 months for the visa to be processed after that. It's bullshit. Just wish they all had one throat and I had my hands on it...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Her trying to get a work visa (h2b if not a student or J1 if a student) is really the easiest way unless she can get a tourist visa. If you have any seasonal resorts in your area, they likely use h2b or j1 visa holders to fill their immediate and short term seasonal demand for jobs.

Marry and apply for a change of status ASAP. The "extension" of the visa officially starts as soon it is post marked.

my wife (from chile) came on an H2B visa and thats what we did.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
currently it takes between 2 to 3 years if I marry her there to bring her home. it takes 2 to 8 months if k1 fiancée visa approved. this is philipines govt. if anyone thinks that's crazy our govt has some odd stuff too listed on immigration site. the weirdest of which is it takes currently up to 7 years to get kids here once foreign spouse is here. im glad mine has no kids yet its just crazy us govt actually lists that on the site. ive got this one squared away looks like. the guy w info that wasn't talking ended up calling and im on the right track now. my buddy pat called him and had him call me and he was actually very helpful and now its waiting game. as for nfa tax like paperwork this is way more bs than that.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Her trying to get a work visa (h2b if not a student or J1 if a student) is really the easiest way unless she can get a tourist visa. If you have any seasonal resorts in your area, they likely use h2b or j1 visa holders to fill their immediate and short term seasonal demand for jobs.

Marry and apply for a change of status ASAP. The "extension" of the visa officially starts as soon it is post marked.

my wife (from chile) came on an H2B visa and thats what we did.
This is prob the easiest. My wife is Thai came here on a work visa and actually had overstayed her visa (not on purpose long story shister lawyer). Once we got married (JP) did the paper work it was about 2-3mths before she got her green card. If she was there it's a much bigger pain in the ass and longer process. The slightest miss step could set her back months if she was over there so just get her here then go from there. We also hired a immigration lawyer to do the paper work I didn't want any mistakes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts