AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I am looking to build a AK74 or 47 russian parts set on to a registered receiver Class III (MG).

I need your collective advise on which year of parts kit I should do this with.

Understanding that some years are more desirable and costly, can you offer your opinion on possible a 1st and 2nd choice.

Thanks for the help and I really enjoy this board.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I would build an AK74. Much funner and controllable to shoot and ammo is super cheap right now....

What type of receiver are you building it on, chinese?? 223 or 7.62??

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
If you do a 74 then it depends on if you want word or plastic. If you want wood I would go with an early 80's. Most of the 74 kits ORF has are Russian/Bulgy kits anyway and are early 80's mfg.

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
A related question.

When compared to each other, what are the differences between 7.62 vs 5.45 when firing in full auto? I would guess that they would be near the same, but less recoil with the 5.45; am I wrong?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Bread is People said:
A related question.

When compared to each other, what are the differences between 7.62 vs 5.45 when firing in full auto? I would guess that they would be near the same, but less recoil with the 5.45; am I wrong?
After reading your posts, looks like you have the machine gun hard-on. You need to get over that before it gets you in trouble...

plus your question was answered in my reply, 5.45 is waaaaay more controllable.

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
BigAL said:
After reading your posts, looks like you have the machine gun hard-on. You need to get over that before it gets you in trouble...
I have no interest in owning an MG in the U.S, got over that a long time ago. I am only asking because I simply don't know and I have zero knowledge about how MGs work and the rules/regulations put upon them. I figured, instead of searching all dark alleys of the internet, why not ask here? You guys are expereinced and knowledgeable and I am greatfull to everyone for the information that I've gotten from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts