AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up a few years back with the intention of building a G1. I just bought a complete kit so I dont need this. Just not sure what its worth. Its brand new never put on a receiver and has no serial number. There is a little scrath marks on the butt plate but that is it. Any idea on its worth?

·
Registered
344 Posts
It may be a G1 lower, but the stock and stock hardware and Israeli.

Is it a US made or import fire control group?

The pic makes it look like there are dings on the face of the recoil shield? Is it just dust?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a few more pictures. Looks like dust since its been siting around for a few years. The picute shows the dust real well. I can always wipe it down prior to going up for sale.

I looked a the other G1 kit and it shows the same style stock hardware as well as the Israeli light barrel I have. So this could be a G1 lower with Israeli stock and hardware. All three look a like for the stock parts.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
And there are no new G1 lowers here. They started in Germany, then were sent to Turkey to be thoroughly thrashed.

Looks refinished.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You can still find new lowers from time to time, even inch lowers can be found. I forgot who is selling the inch lowers stripped new for 70.00. Anyway, your G1 lower looks new. Tapco sold them NIB for about 120.00. Looks like a DSA selector, those go for about 30.00. I would say it's 150.00-180.00 and you will get more for U.S. parts. list it on the falfiles market and it should sell, especially a nice new one.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I think it's one of the DSA "new G1 lower" refurbs with a new grip/stock/etc.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it sounds like it not really a G1 but a refurb. The wood on it is a whole lot nicer then the one that came with the kit. It will look nice on my G1 kit so I may just go that rout. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
The steel is G1, the stock has been remplaced though (Isreali). I bought one of the NIB G1 lowers when Tapco had them and mine is the same as yours (same selector markings and finish), but mine had a nice walnut stock and the butt plate didn't have the Isreali property stamp. I also picked up an "HK" stamped FAL top-cover when they had them :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts