AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the NDS RPK receivers not having dimples like normal AKs do RPK-74 recievers not have dimples? Thanks.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I went back on AR15.com to check Halans early thread asking the question 'dimple / no dimple'. The response was over whelming
'no dimple'.

:wink:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured you guys would answer the question thanks a lot I don't know why I never noticed that thanks a lot. I'm going to get one of the ORF RPK kits soon and I was wondering if I could make a Russian type clone to go with my 74M. I want to get one of those folding stocks and scope mounts from Andrei. Is there anything else? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
AK Spray said:
I figured you guys would answer the question thanks a lot I don't know why I never noticed that thanks a lot. I'm going to get one of the ORF RPK kits soon and I was wondering if I could make a Russian type clone to go with my 74M. I want to get one of those folding stocks and scope mounts from Andrei. Is there anything else? Thanks.
Close enough clone- Thats it.

Exact copy- Barrel parts, folder, mag, etc.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
AK Spray said:
What's up with the NDS RPK receivers not having dimples like normal AKs do RPK-74 recievers not have dimples? Thanks.
The DCI NDS-7 (for Romanian/Russian 7.62 RPK) receiver and NDS-8 (for RPK-74 5.45) receiver have internal mag guides that are made as part of the lower rail.

The lower rails/mag guides are caliber specific.

Thanks.
Harlan

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Motorcityman said:
I really wanted dimples as my kit has them. :sad:
I have both a Romy and a RPK-74....I am going to *attempt* a cold steel blank(has dimples) for the romy...and a DCi for the RPK74....we'll see how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts