AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an NDS3 with trigger problems and I need some guidance.

Using an arsenal fcg I was having the classic hammer follow issue so I followed the instructions and filed the hammer a bit...That didn't fix it so I filed it a little more and while that fixed the hammer follow now the trigger doesn't capture the hammer anymore. For clarification the hammer gets captured by the disconnecor but then as you release the trigger the hammer will drop and fire again instead of being caught on the trigger.

Any ideas?

·
Technical Advisor
15,508 Posts
Are you sure you relieved the proper part? Although there is a small number of incidents of hammer follow I have built about a dozen or so of the old NDS 3 and never had an issue. I have relieved the hammer rear shelf for follow on a M85 build. But this has nothing to do with the trigger hook capture., or shouldn't have. Not sure what you did to the FCG? or what is going on there?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Are you sure you relieved the proper part? Although there is a small number of incidents of hammer follow I have built about a dozen or so of the old NDS 3 and never had an issue. I have relieved the hammer rear shelf for follow on a M85 build. But this has nothing to do with the trigger hook capture., or shouldn't have. Not sure what you did to the FCG? or what is going on there?
Sorry didn't mean to abandon this thread.

Yeah just shaved a little off the tip of the hammer like the nodak picture. This rifle pisses me off, I built it 6-7 years ago and it's the only one that I haven't been able to get to run. I'm on my 3rd FCG right now! I took it out to the range today after installing a new Bulgarian hammer to see if that would help...nope

In the past I've just taken it apart and stored it until I felt like trying to fix it again but I'm done. I think I'm going to cut it up and sell it as a parts kit.

·
Technical Advisor
15,508 Posts
Definitely sounds wrong. I have built a lot of AK's. Never had that problem or a problem not solved by simple trimming of the hammer shelf or disconnector pawl. Pretty simple mechanism in most cases to troublshoot.. Dunno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts