AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a NM Mak 91 I want to de ban. I ordered a bulgarian gas block which I'm not sure it will fit. I cant find a front site with a bayonet lug. Anyone have any idea where I should look? Also what is it worth the way it is now v/s debaned. Any suggestions on where I should go with this?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did all of MAK90s and NHM91s with Bulgy Front Site Posts and Gas blocks from APEX. They are the only ones that will fit the MAKs thicker barrel if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The national match has a thicker barrel and for all intents and purposes is basically a DMR. They were not meant to take bayonets and the original PolyTechs did not ship with them. A standard Bulgarian gas block will not fit, the ID will be too small. You need to pickup a RPK gas block to deban it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. I found a gas blosk on krebcustom web site. They offer gb for .784 or .630 diameter barrel. I measured mine at .681 before gb and .710 behind the gas block. Now Im more confused.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It seems I was mistaken. If those are your measurements, then a standard milled Bulgarian Type III gas block should be perfect. The number in front of the block will be the accurate one as the barrel has to be turned to that diameter for the block to be pressed on. The larger rear diameter is to help secure the block in place along with the pins.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again, so I should be ok with the bulg front site as well? Also you mentioned the rifle did not have a bayonet. I assume the lug is to secure the cleaning rod.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not a lug by definition, but yes, that is a passthrough for the cleaning rod. Bulgarian front sight should work as well.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
JSV, I hope you get some range time in with your RPK. I have the milled version of your rifle and it is so much fun to shoot and never has a single problem. Good luck with your conversion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JSV, I hope you get some range time in with your RPK. I have the milled version of your rifle and it is so much fun to shoot and never has a single problem. Good luck with your conversion.
Thanks, mine is the milled reciever as well. It was confusing me about the diameter of the barrel and the gas block. I did recieve the new gas block and it looks like it will work. I now need to find a front site. Gunluvver thats a nice looking piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts