AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people should just not be allowed around guns. It is chambered in 5.45. The barrel extension isn't even rifled. So what do we think this conglomeration is?

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I forgot to check to see if it is milled or a stamped receiver. And there doesn't appear to be any mags for it

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
That's stamped

Also, you don't need the extension to be rifled. It's literally there just to make a short barrel rifle meet the legal requirements for a rifle. That way you can buy and use as a rifle while filing NFA paperwork. Once the paperwork is back you remove what essentially is a piece of pipe without having to cut the barrel and recrown

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I just read that law. I'm not smart enough to comprehend. I would like to get something that I could legally carry as a pistol in the truck.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
That's not going to be a pistol

If you want a pistol look at a Draco or something already sold as a pistol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, and I figured by the time you would drill that weld out. It would probably make a mess.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Usually not welded like that. Just a spot weld or two that can be cut off with a Dremel or knocked of with a chisel. It just has to be fixed on

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably about a 5/16 hole that they welded right through the middle of.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I'm not seeing that in the pic but doesn't mean it's not there. Where should I be looking?

·
Registered
298 Posts
looks like an aks74u built on (I'm guessing, based on it being 5.45, dimpled magwell, and cugir import engraving) a sar-2 host

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks like an aks74u built on (I'm guessing, based on it being 5.45, dimpled magwell, and cugir import engraving) a sar-2 host
I just looked at some pictures and would say you are correct. Thank you for the knowledge base. It looks better in the pictures than what it really is. It's actually beat up pretty good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts