AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know that much about changing stocks in AKs since i have never done it before. i have a arsenal sam7 and have been itching for an AK74 so the SLR105 has been on my mind alot. but i already have a fixed stock (sam7), a yugo underfolder on the way and ive always wanted a wire folding stock.
which wire folder would fit on the SLR105 and how much effort is involved with this procedure, if it is at all possible. thanks

any pics of these would be appreciated too

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
An E. German or Romanian wire folder should fit on your SLR-105 without any need for modification.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
SVT is right.

Here's a rule of thumb for your other purchases in the future: Usually the down-folder requires a different receiver.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks
is the slr105 a good choice to put a wire folder on. or is there another 74 that would be better to do it on...

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
The SLR105 is the best choice for a 74.If you want to try to keep a Historically correct type of 74,try to find the East German 74 side folding stock.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
What John said. I just put an East German folder on my SLR-105A1 and it's not uncomfortable. They recoil so little anyway it's not something to worry about.

And, no machine work necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts