AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
ak

You need to see the trunion markings.Any way it's illegal with the third hole.Period.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
Re: ak

caliri47 said:
You need to see the trunion markings.Any way it's illegal with the third hole.Period.
Not in Switzerland... I loved reading that!....now I know why it is called the HIGHroad! :lol:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
ak

Doesn't do you any good in switzerland.I f you want to dream about gun's in europe there's not much you couln't get.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Wow, what a choice...Vietnamese or Korean milled full auto AK for 600 bucks. Sigh.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Something to note about both of those weapons. The following photos are from www.thehighroad.org member "Shung." The one labeled as the "Vietnam" AK looks a little dodgy - its "milled" receiver actually looks like its stamped or at least thin enough to have what looks like bends by the pins.

And also look at the odd lightening cut.

The one labeled as a "North Korean" AK looks like a re-marked Polytech Legend.

But without seeing better photos of both weapons, it's hard to make the call on them. But they're probably the real deals and the photos provided just don't do them justice as they're somewhat poor. Either way, they're quite neat to see. Maybe that member will ultimately buy one and post some photos of it - either one would be interesting to see better photos of.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
ak

not only the lighting cut but also the pin holes they look like they are squached in,not flat.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
In the "Vietnam" rifle's defense, it may well be original and the victim of a poor quality photo that makes it look weird. Especially after looking at the lightening cut and taking into consideration photo quality and angle.

After looking through some old reference photos that member "Stottman" provided once, the one in the reference photos and the one in question are similar. Here's the photos from member "Stottman":

Now a comparison - the one in question on top, the "Stottman" photo on bottom. You be the judge:

·
Registered
17 Posts
GOD... why I dont check the forum BEFORE posting.. sorry guys...

I was the guy on THR

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
ak

rayman good pictures.I didn't think the holes would be like that it sure it looks the same.But the trunion tell's it all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So.. Do I buy or not ??? :grin:

it's not 600 bucks but twice that price.. 600 bucks is what i'd pay for a nowadays Norinco or Cugir..(which I doesnt want).

I hope to get better pictures tomorrow..

I was stupid, because today I had both guns in my hands, and I wasnt smart enough to take pictures..

You seem to say that the "Vietnamese" isnt milled ?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Shung, welcome aboard. If you could get additional photos, especially of the left side of the weapons, it sure would help.

I was initially referring to the "Vietnam" AK rifle's receiver, although milled, looked as though it had much thinner metal than the average milled receiver - at least from the standpoint of the photos and looking at how the pins seemed to be pushed-in. But it appears that's just the way it looks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll try to obtain them.. (now that guy (the seller) will think that i am quite a pain in the ass as a buyer.. :grin: )

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm envious of your country's laws on semi-aks. We have to cut up real ones and now they can't import barrels!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
That's certainly a difficult choice to make - both are quite rare rifles. I think if I had to do it, I might lean more toward the Vietnamese Kalashnikov simply because it's so unique. But either would make a fine choice in a collection. :hail:

·
Registered
17 Posts
well, nowadays semi's are semi only.

You can get fulls of course, but you cannot really shoot with them, even in semi mode (there is a 100$ daily tax for shooting them). The one that get full guns do it mainly for collection, not shooting.

those 2 Ak's I show you are particular, due to the time they were imported and bought.. (more than 15 years ago)

As i said on THR, I am envious of your CCW laws.. here it's a NO GO from 1999-

to rainman :

my hesitation is not about that 2 AK's... it's simply.. will I take a Nowadays Norinco for 600 bucks, or do i pay twice that price for one of these..

Nowing that I am a little collector, but I SHOOT my guns..

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Bite the bullet and have the best of both worlds - a collector weapon as well as a shooter. Get one of the two rare ones. :razz:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts