AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Rear leaf sight wasn't straight. It sits crooked over to the right and it seems the milling of the sight block for the leaf sights tabs was done incorrectly, as when you tried to move it to be straight, it would move back to the right. Sent it back last week on a RMA. Should be back at Century tomorrow. Let's see how long this takes. They mention either repairing or replacing. I hope they pull one, check it over and send a replacement, as reworking the original sight block is going to be some work IMO.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
what akbuilder flate would work to build one from a parts kit I can only home build now so it would have to be choped and rebuilt on a flat

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
what akbuilder flate would work to build one from a parts kit I can only home build now so it would have to be choped and rebuilt on a flat
I believe akbuilder has bulged yugo flats. Would have to buy the bending tool as its different.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, I couldn't stand it. These are back in stock so I bought one from Atlantic. The price was the same and they don't steal one of the mags like J&G plus they seem to have the better reputation. I hope all is well with mine when it gets here and I won't need anyone to stand behind their product. Crossed fingers wishing for a perfect one. :cool:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Are these factory underfolders like the Romanians? Or converted here in the states?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Are these factory underfolders like the Romanians? Or converted here in the states?
From looking at mine, they changed the FCG parts with Tapco G2 parts, took off the threaded attachment and installed a slant brake and installed a US had piston rod. They also opened up the lower receiver it seems also. The bolt is original and carrier, so no single stack bolt like early PAP rifles.

·
Registered
185 Posts
From looking at mine, they changed the FCG parts with Tapco G2 parts, took off the threaded attachment and installed a slant brake and installed a US had piston rod. They also opened up the lower receiver it seems also. The bolt is original and carrier, so no single stack bolt like early PAP rifles.
Was the folder added in the US or at the factory? God bless.

·
Registered
650 Posts
It looked original to me, but I don't know that for sure. I don't have it right now to compare to my M70AB2. Still waiting to get it back from Century for slanted rear leaf sight. The folding was installed correctly also. Didn't look like a monkeyed up install.

·
Banned
950 Posts

Mine looks it was all original. Seems they imported them with the rear trunnions already opened up, then likely with a thumbhole stock that might have just been held on by the pistol grip bolt. Likely though, added the underfolder stock once they were stateside. They can be a hit or a miss. The first one I got had a bit of play in the stock and the rear sight was canted. I sent that one back for an exchange and the replacement is very nice. I now have an O Pap, an N Pap DF and the RPK 47 from Mitchell. A nice little Yugo collection. Make sure you get a chance to inspect one directly.

You been good Mike?

M

·
Registered
9 Posts
just picked one up & stained it with minwax golden pecan

came out pretty nice
as far as quality, my local gun shop had 8 of them so I was able to really pick through a bunch of them:
I'd say about six of the eight I looked at all had a little vertical play in the stock, one had a 1 inch horizontal hairline crack on the receiver that ran right above the serial number (prob. wouldn't of caused any problems ), i didn't see any canted sights ( at least nothing i could see with my naked eye), etc.. on any of them, aside from that they were all identical and i was pretty impressed with the quality especially when you factor in the under $600.00 price
(I'm not easily impressed: my other two are a Sam7 sf and a polytech legend AK47/s)
The barrels on them are excellent and the rifles are pretty rugged looking when you see them in person (with the exception of the cheesy hand grip...absolute junk imho)

IMG_8874.JPG

IMG_8878.JPG

·
Registered
650 Posts
just picked one up & stained it with minwax golden pecan

came out pretty nice
as far as quality, my local gun shop had 8 of them so I was able to really pick through a bunch of them:
I'd say about six of the eight I looked at all had a little vertical play in the stock, one had a 1 inch horizontal hairline crack on the receiver that ran right above the serial number (prob. wouldn't of caused any problems ), i didn't see any canted sights etc.. on any of them, aside from that they were all identical and i was pretty impressed with the quality especially when you factor in the under $600.00 price
(I'm not easily impressed: my other two are a Sam7 sf and a polytech legend AK47/s)
The barrels on them are excellent and the rifles are pretty rugged looking when you see them in person (with the exception of the cheesy hand grip...absolute junk imho)

View attachment 3813

View attachment 3827
Looks good! I'll be sticking to my M70AB2 for now, since Century can't seem to get around to "fixin" the one I sent them in a timely manner. They're had it longer than I have, so I told em to keep it and refund me instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just received one last week. It's a fixeruper.
After cleaning I shot the gun. Shot 60 rounds and had about 20 failures to eject.

The receiver was filled with metal chips from cutting the mag well most likely. Magazine well rear corners were not done very well, cleaned them up. The inner flanges that they cut to take the double stack mags were making it hard to seat the mag so I trimmed them.

The worst part was the piston that was welded to the carrier. It was not straight. It caused a lot of drag and twisted the carrier sideways. The carrier did not slide free in the receiver without the recoil spring in. With the top gas tube off you can see the piston does not come close to aligning with the gas block. I'm having a new piston installed the correct way. I slide a Polish carrier in to check fit and it slid very smoothly.

Since I'm sure it was the piston I decided to keep it since there is no telling what I would get back.
I don't think I would buy an N-PAP again. This is the only AK I have ever had problems with.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just received one last week. It's a fixeruper.
After cleaning I shot the gun. Shot 60 rounds and had about 20 failures to eject.

The receiver was filled with metal chips from cutting the mag well most likely. Magazine well rear corners were not done very well, cleaned them up. The inner flanges that they cut to take the double stack mags were making it hard to seat the mag so I trimmed them.

The worst part was the piston that was welded to the carrier. It was not straight. It caused a lot of drag and twisted the carrier sideways. The carrier did not slide free in the receiver without the recoil spring in. With the top gas tube off you can see the piston does not come close to aligning with the gas block. I'm having a new piston installed the correct way. I slide a Polish carrier in to check fit and it slid very smoothly.

Since I'm sure it was the piston I decided to keep it since there is no telling what I would get back.
I don't think I would buy an N-PAP again. This is the only AK I have ever had problems with.
The piston on my carrier was welded also, but never had any issues running through the gas tube or gas block. I had a NOS Yugo BCG for it incase it did have issues, as I didn't like the welded piston, but a gunsmith told me it's fine as long as it's aligned and not rubbing anything. I just couldn't take the crooked rear leaf sight. Made the rifle look like crap with the sight sticking off to the right side. And that was after trying to clean up the sight cutouts in the block to make it straighter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
^

absolute bullshit
what an outrage .... I guess the moral of the story is to avoid buying these online since you don't have the ability to look them over first

Sorry for both of your horror stories

guess it was all too good to be true...........( Century strikes again)

for the record mine also had a ton of metal shavings in it (I was pulling all kinds of crap out of the barrel ) + the action isn't as smooth as it could be
however; after cleaning it, I have since taken it to the range and it shot great with no jams etc..., pretty accurate etc...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts