AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey yall. New to the forum and the AK format.

Since the Ayatolla started making royal decrees again, I recently picked up an npap with synthetic furniture. Want to chop or replace the stock. Either way I'm stumped on the butt pad/plate. I know there's a bolt holding the stock to the receiver, and there are two holes in the butt pad that you would think have a phillips head screw underneath (like synth. shotgun stocks).

Trouble is, when I fish around in there for a screw with a phillips or flat driver, I can't seem to settle into a screw head at all. Had a fairly mechanical and gunwise buddy try and he couldn't get it either. Called century and the rep couldn't say for sure and suggested it might be pressed in and maybe I could wiggle/pry it out. Needless to say I wasn't impressed with his info and don't want to screw up the pad/plate.

Does anyone know whats going on under there?
Please help,
Wylie Critters

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help Swanny and Blue. Tried your suggestions with no success.

Made it by lgs today and there were in fact 2 very small philips screws under there. They had a he!! of a time finding them too. Basically ripped the pad off the ribbed plastic pad 'skeleton' to expose the little buggers then took em out, still wasnt easy, tiny shallow #1 philips heads with fine threads. Stupid choice for the task in my opinion.

Glued the skeleton back to the pad and went back with more coarse screws with bigger, easier to bite on heads. Now I can get in there to do what I want.

Thanks again.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
Well., sorry after re-reading you first post. I see you had the polymer stock Ooops. Sorry., I misread it as the wood M70 buttstock type. . But I guess it is off now., congrats.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts