AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just being curious for no reason here, but I had a chinese Ak with red plastic furniture that was marked with the number 56 on the trunion, and the serial number next to it. No import markings at all, except a really faint one on the barrel. never could find any info on it, and it was a beauty. And very stupidly...I sold it. I will go beat my head against the concrete outside now, BRB...

Anyhoo, does anyone know the story on rifles like this one?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aha! Just took a look on the picture thread, and saw one just like it, with the same exact bayonet and sling, even! Now I know the story. Cool. 1987 import...well, I hope whoever bought it from my dealer is enjoying it, it was a sweet rifle!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yeah I had a new one in the day, very nice furniture and great looking. It was probably something they tried for a jungle stocks????? Sold mine to my brother :sad:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
They are a very rare early import. The earliest were marked 56 only no other stamps on the receiver with the importer stamped usually on the barrel. They are 56S-3. I think most people got turned off by the Poly
furniture. Here's a picture of one I got recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts