AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this one strap duffel bag up at a thrift shop for a few bucks. It seems to have no ID tags whatsoever or manufactures information. It appears to be standard Construction with brass fittings. I seem to recall possibly some Italian stuff being sold Surplus here. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks a bunch
Sleeve Grey Collar Natural material Blazer

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
carabiner clasps are generally a good give away. back in the day (before china was making everything) each country or group of countries used their own designs of clasps.
webbing to the lesser degree could be used as an indicator as well.

bag seems east german to me for some reason, i don't have any particular claim or proof here, but just a feeling.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup,got it out in good light, and there is a faint black US stencil below the handle,can't read the other one that is presumably of the owner.

AF it must be until proven otherwise
You can almost see it in my pic :LOL:

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
That is the standard US style duffle bag. It does not look dyed over.

The Romanians had packs a similar color and it was ostensively for night camo.
Looks much like my green Army issued 90s duffle minus the small ID pocket and press the dot snap. I'd say USAF, contract overrun, dyed, or weird foreign copy (not the Cool DDR kind).

Mine serves on as an easy way to carry extra sleeping bags and blankets for unpredictable Rocky Mountain weather shifts.

edited for spelling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts