AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my Yugo collection. I really didn't intend on having a Yugo collection. Just that everytime something Yugo came around I couldn't resist. Both the SKS and M48 I got when they first started coming in so I was lucky enough to handpick some nice ones for myself. The M70 I got yesterday. Probably one of the best ones out of the bunch I went through. The magazine, brake, and stock seem to be tight fitting. There was one with original Zastava markings but the stock and brake were loose on it. :neutral: I'm starting to think I like this collection more than my Swiss collection. Just somthing about those Yugos! :grin:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TravisAasen said:
Very Nice! Where did you get the M70 from?
I got it from a dealer up in Denver. Formerly AK47man.com but he's going full time and is a co-partner in a new full time gun shop called 5280 Armory.

I was looking around for an M70 at the time and couldn't find any. All the distributors and local shops were sold out. I went up there while they were still setting up their shop and got to pick through 5 of them that he had left over from the gun show. The one I got had the tightest fitting stock, mag, and muzzle brake. One I saw and immediately wanted. It was maked Zastava, but it had a loose fitting stock and muzzle brake.

I finally took it out last weekend and found it shot about 8 inches to the left at 100yards. :neutral: Wind was about 20mph gusting to 30mph that day so I'm not sure how much effect that had on both me and the bullets. Other than that it shot really nice.

I got it for $470. About the same price as one from a distributor + shipping + FFL transfer. His prices usually run about that rate. The only extra I really paid was the tax but it was well worth it to make sure I got one of the Yugos. Also I don't feel bad at all paying a little extra from this guy. He's really given me some good deals in the past and I'm always glad to support a local dealer with good prices as much as I can.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Templar said:
Good lookin' stuff...........

I think you need a Springfield XD9 to round it out though......... :twisted:
Yes of course every YUGOSLAVIAN collection needs an American made handgun to be complete... (WTF??)

Buy a Yugo M-70 handgun though... they sell for around $100 at gunshows and are in cheap/low recoil .32 ACP. Compact, cheap, reliable.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Um......next time you're in a gunshop, take a look at the XD.....top of slide.

MADE IN CROATIA

It's the Croatian National Army's issue pistol now as well..............

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Templar said:
Um......next time you're in a gunshop, take a look at the XD.....top of slide.

MADE IN CROATIA

It's the Croatian National Army's issue pistol now as well..............
CROATIA. That is FORMER Yugoslavia... or one of the parts of it.

A Yugoslavian collection is Yugoslavian stuff. Germany took over Poland during WWII, but a Polish M-44 that was made after the war isn't a German M-44. Guns made after the fall of Yugoslavia aren't Yugoslavian... at least that is my collectors opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts