AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the wife just got back from hanging out with her family in Michigan. They did a whole hog roast. She brought back the head and the legs below the elbow. So I threw the parts into the yard and the dags are going crazy. I got Dutchies and while they are awesome pets, they are also not far removed from European gray wolves. They are eating everything, hooves and all.

7n6

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
When I buy leg of lamb I usually throw the 2 big bones to my dogs. Ive never seen a rat terrier and a American eskimo mix, neither weighing more than 30lbs, get blank and wild stares as they rip into the bones. I swear when I look into their eyes I can see through 20k year of evolution and into their inner wolf

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
When I buy leg of lamb I usually throw the 2 big bones to my dogs. Ive never seen a rat terrier and a American eskimo mix, neither weighing more than 30lbs, get blank and wild stares as they rip into the bones. I swear when I look into their eyes I can see through 20k year of evolution and into their inner wolf
Yup, on my german shepherd's birthday we always buy a leg of lamb and give him the bone. Second he smells that lamb cookin all his training goes out the window!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
7n6, fire off some pics of those brindle bundles of joy!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
dutchies? please tell me you mean Holland herder or dutch shepard,those are great dogs. i should now,i have a Belgium malinois,i used to breed and train them.

by the way,even if these dogs have European ancestry,their direct wolf descendance is an Asiatic wolf,not the European wolf.

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dutchies? please tell me you mean Holland herder or dutch shepard,those are great dogs. i should now,i have a Belgium malinois,i used to breed and train them.

by the way,even if these dogs have European ancestry,their direct wolf descendance is an Asiatic wolf,not the European wolf.

Two Hollandse Herdershond. My male is around 80 lbs and the female around 60. They are awesome buddies. Both went through some training and now doing bite work on command.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
you didn't begin them with puppy work/training early on?

80 lbs is huge for the breed,..awesome.

(I meant to say an Asiatic type wolf,from Pakistan/india/Tibet region all the way through Arabia. it's a subspecies that's a little smaller than the European gray wolf and it's specific behavior(especially in regards to humans),teeth/molar arrangement,brain size all make it the #1 candidate and highly likely to be the true direct wolf ancestor to most all domestic dog breeds.)

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
you didn't begin them with puppy work/training early on?

80 lbs is huge for the breed,..awesome.

(I meant to say an Asiatic type wolf,from Pakistan/india/Tibet region all the way through Arabia. it's a subspecies that's a little smaller than the European gray wolf and it's specific behavior(especially in regards to humans),teeth/molar arrangement,brain size all make it the #1 candidate and highly likely to be the true direct wolf ancestor to most all domestic dog breeds.)

I have a philosophy, don't do bite work till they are 200% solid on obedience. I'm not going for show titles, I'm not a competition person, I'm not even a trainer so I pay trainers- however I want a solid dog all around.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have a philosophy, don't do bite work till they are 200% solid on obedience. I'm not going for show titles, I'm not a competition person, I'm not even a trainer so I pay trainers- however I want a solid dog all around.
puppy work is not like bite work at all. it's early "play" type work where you ...nevermind,it's all good.

there's solid dog and then there's solid dog...but it's all good. they're great dogs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts