AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a new VZ-58 D-teknik rifle, took it to the range and fired 50 rounds no problem, love the gun. Fast forward a few weeks to yesterday, I am getting off one shot, then the gun won't fire again. retracting the bolt is very difficult past the first 1" of travel. I figure out that the "hammer" is jamming in the carrier in a fully extended position. when you rotate the hammer tube into the carrier, a little nub on the left side of the carrier retains the hammer tube and keeps it from falling out. I found that the nub was jamming against the hammer tube and making it stick, causing wear that was only making the problem worse. I had a new hammer tube so I tried that out seemed to work ok. take it to the range today and exact same problem, and now the same ramp shaped wear is evident on the replacement hammer tube. I did have a spare bolt carrier to compare and it has a much more pronouced nub, it seemed to work better in the gun but I was unable to test fire it. The replacement carrier does not have the welded in tab the semi-auto carriers do, so I might just be trading one issue for a new one trying to use it.

here is a picture of the hammer tubes, the shiny spots are where the wear is occouring:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have only put 50 rounds in this gun before the problem materialized. However I have dry fired it a bunch and worked the saftey, both cocked and uncocked alot between the first firing and today. I can't really account for why this is happening, except that the little retainer nub in the bolt carrier is too worn/damaged. any advice? can this be welded up and remachined?

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to update, Dan from Czechpoint rendered some really superb customer service. A quick email and phone call and about a week later- I have a rifle which has had the problem sear replaced, and a brand new striker and carrier just to be safe. Czechpoint paid both shipping to and from and threw in a spare magazine for my trouble. all in all an excellent product with amazing customer service. I could not be happier with their product or performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.