AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are Romy G kits on top of Ohio receivers. Both built by the same guy. What a fine job he does.

·
Registered
491 Posts
rivet

Those are some great looking rifles. But I am also wondering about the 4th rivet :confused:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Man those lok great! Where did he get the wood? Is it chinese wood ? Also 4th rivet?

·
Super Moderator
10,307 Posts
Nice rifles.

I am also with the others on what the 4th rivet is also? The placement does not suggest it would be riveted to anything?

Did the builder mess up and just plugged a hole?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
is that a yugo underfolder assembly?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not sure where the wood came from and I believe the underfolder assembly is a Yugo.

Let me see what I can find out about the fourth rivet, stay tuned...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Perhaps the 4th hole was predrilled for a trunnion with a different rivet pattern. Can't remember off the top of my head which would have one down there but I think Chinese? So he filled them. It would be really easy to figure out, just pull off the lower handguards and have a looksee.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Wow, very sharp! -And I dont normally like blonde handguards/stocks... Is that new furniture and if so, where did it come from???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's what I found out about the 4th rivet;

It serves as a shim to the lower hand guard since they were originally made for milled receivers.

We are not sure where the wood came from. The builder had it f or over a year and cannot remember where he got it. He felt he can use it on this rifle since the grain matched closer between the hg and stock this time.

The slings are Bulgarian and can be bought on gunaccessories.com.

·
Super Moderator
10,307 Posts
medalhedd said:
Here's what I found out about the 4th rivet;

It serves as a shim to the lower hand guard since they were originally made for milled receivers.

We are not sure where the wood came from. The builder had it f or over a year and cannot remember where he got it. He felt he can use it on this rifle since the grain matched closer between the hg and stock this time.

The slings are Bulgarian and can be bought on gunaccessories.com.
Those are two beautiful rifles and I would be proud to have them 4th rivet and all if they were up for sale.

With that said though, that is one hell of a liberty your builder took by "shimming" with that 4th rivet setup and not consulting you before hand. Many people here including myself would be having a builder redoing some rifles if it were our kits we sent in.

Were these rifles you commissioned to be build on kits/receivers you provided or did you just buy these rifles complete as supplied by the builder?

Regards,

Hootbro

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Why did the builder use more rivets to shim the handguards? He could have used the laminate wood tape they sell at home depot or lowes. Beautiful rifles though.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The wood looks like Hungarian or Bulgarian. I am planning a rifle build exactly like that but I will use an angled underfolding stock.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts