AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. I have had this SAR 2 for a few years. Don't have but about 200 rnds through her. But for some reason the Cross support rivet sheared off. I also have a headspace issue I ( I think ) . It splits case up at the neck area. About 4 out of 10 fired. Any brand of ammo. It also has a rough area in the Bolt cam area in the carrier. I could dremmel it myself but I want Troy to undo the welded piston if possible so I will let him look at the cam area also while he's got it.
Although I haven't many round through her she is about my favorite. Light and accuratecy is acceptable. Not to bad. I love the 5.45x39 AK's. Nice rifles.... She will be missed . :neutral: Wardawg

·
Registered
330 Posts
My friend told me about a guy's Galil .223, that was ripping the cases apart and the headspace was off alot.

First time I heard of it happening in a 5.45 AK. It'll come back to you better than how she was when she left.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
InRange, MD will take care of her.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Troy's the Man... He's built 2ea for me so far. A Bulgie 74 and a Romie ( G ) 47 sidefolder. . I know Im in good shape with the Doc Sellars .. When ever I when out woods walking I always grabbed it. It was my HDR also. I set it up for my wife to use for the boogie man while I was working nights. She can use it also....... Cheers WarDawg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts