AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several years of searching I have snagged a very hard to find MN.

Here is a tease of whats coming my way

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Very nice, but I was hoping for an M1907. :( (That is my Holy Grail, just because I have only seen one of them.)

·
Super Moderator
25,774 Posts
You did score it...NICE!! Looking forward to lots of pics on this one. Congrats!!:beer:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Well, it appears to be an intact 1947 Izhevsk PU, not a restored ex-sniper, so that already makes it pretty scarce as most of these were arsenal-bubba'ed into ex-snipers on the orders of some vodka-addled bureaucrat, many while they were still new and unissued in the crate.

And if it still has its original factory installed scope that matches the original scope number on the barrel shank, it' s one of only 2 known, with Lenscrafter having the other one....although from what I can see in the photos, this doesn't appear to be the case.

If it's a papered Viet Nam bring-back, that would also add to its rarity and value. I don't see any import marks or added serial number on the receiver, but again the photos aren't much.

Total Izhevsk sniper production this year was around 2,500 rifles IIRC, so it's much rarer than the wartime production PU rifles.

Looking forward to hearing the details and seeing more photos.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Beautiful rifle. With all of the rare rifles you have posted, I find it hard to believe that this is your holy grail, or that your search is over, though!:)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful rifle. With all of the rare rifles you have posted, I find it hard to believe that this is your holy grail, or that your search is over, though!:)
Oh my searching isn't over, just need to find a new grail:amen:. A totally matching PEM sniper just might fill the bill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts