AK Rifles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will be finished tomorrow...it is without a doubt the smoothest cycling AK i've ever built. it is one pretty SOB...stay tuned!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I want to see a picture. I want to know how you did the smoothest cycling thing. I want a range report; out the kitchen door into the garden will do for now.
Don't stiff me on this. I have ways.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
BigAL said:
will be finished tomorrow...it is without a doubt the smoothest cycling AK i've ever built. it is one pretty SOB...stay tuned!!

Just curious, was it hard to press the barrel out and press it back in?

HK

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
barrel pressing was easy, barrel pin was an SOB!!

DCI receiver, wood refinished by Z_Recto. The metal finish is Black Manganese, it is actually perfect, but has some fuzz in it from rubbing down with oil in the pics...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
cool thanks for the pics.. btw what did you use to press the barrel in. The reason I ask this is becuase I intend to use a harbor frieght 12 ton press and wanna know if there is enough clearance..

Thanks
HK

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i used a 12 ton, supported the bullet guide with a 3/8" (i think) square block spaced off of 2-1" blocks. use a little copper based anti seize and you'll be good to go.

edit: i mistakenly said center support when i should have said bullet guide!!!! do not support from the center support!!! DUP!

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ran 60 through her yesterday, smoooooooth as butter. the DCI receiver is the bomb!!

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
harlan says RPK74 receiver on the way, that means time to ship parts off to ted marshall to do it right!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts