AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is cool that I notice the little slant gouge in the center of EVERY "Izhevsk" marked 30 rd AK47 mag. Would not know regarding if the "locals believe they are real Russian parts" Do you mean Pakistani locals or US locals? My favorite piece is the BRASS locking lug.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
hey i had a russian guy over at my house and he though it was real izzy mag.lol
i meant did the paki people believe these are the real deal russian mags. Im thinking they believe so.
once again very nice collection.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Zane did you end up with a 30 rnd mag with a Molot Arsenal mark?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
What's the weight of the "bakelites" compared to the real deal ones? Thanks for sharing, great collection!

·
Premium Member
13,623 Posts
Very nice zane. I really like those brass locking lugs. Guess I need to get in line and grab some of these. Your signature is great and worthy of it's own thread...lol

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I don't think they are really fooled into thinking these are Russian. I think what they have is a more primitive culture that replicates what they see, and feel its holds a similar value. A russian AK is a status symbol.

However, their furniture is quite fancy, and nothing like Russian stuff.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I don't think they are really fooled into thinking these are Russian. I think what they have is a more primitive culture that replicates what they see, and feel its holds a similar value. A russian AK is a status symbol.

However, their furniture is quite fancy, and nothing like Russian stuff.
That was always my thinking too.

I recently read an old thread that offered a different explanation as to why the Paki's go to such extremes cloning certain guns though- that the khyber guns have a really bad reputation for reliability amongst the fighters that use them (probably because a lot of them don't seem heat treated). I have no idea if that is true, but it offers a good explanation for how painstainkly accurate some of the paki stuff is to the real deal guns they are cloning. That 1982 AKSU that sold recently being the prime example in my mind- fooled a lot of us even.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
The fact that the pakis made a clone of the plum waffle gives me some hope that they might be a little more common than we think. I highly, highly doubt that- but it does give me hope. I would have never thought the 40rd bakes would sell one day for $99 bucks on a distributors website- ya never know.

Really awesome collection!

·
Registered
744 Posts
Zane did you end up with a 30 rnd mag with a Molot Arsenal mark?
Here is a few pics of mine. It's a bringback that I got a few months ago. Has some damage to the front lug and the rear of one of the sideplates is cracked. I'd like to get a new one someday, but this will do for now. Notice it has some cutout wear from a full auto sear.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
where can I see info on the 82 krink that's so good it fooled the experts? I had a tt33 same way. serial number 0022 no other markings looked like a well made Chinese m20 that never got marked but take it apart and look inside and it was obvious it was made hand files and not mills or lathes. to top it off it came with a Chinese copy holster.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.