AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here some pics of a cur 2 i picked up on friday.....real nice rifle....just redoing the stock for it....here's a pic of the rifle from when i got it

now-

here's the stock set (also iin there is a set for my mak90) before

here's after...still need to bleach it all out then stain it today

it was kinda fun.....only ?? i have is this....i need to sand a few spots down....should i do it b4 or after i bleach the stocks???

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jicky said:
Can't wait to see it all done up.... :razz:
me too...this is my first try at doing this......

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bleached it today...ran outta time to stain....man what a difference!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
if you beleached out all of the brown color the stain fourmula i told you will come out very orange,...if you want that reddish brown color,.. die the wood in "coco brown" first,. then lightly sand when it is dry

just something to think about,...dident want you curseing me into next week because the color was not right

i learned this the hard way when useing the left over dye on my 74's brand new wood,..it is a nice look,..especially with a E.G. Bakealite mag under it, but im thinking if id want this on a fixed stock 74,.. not my folder,..so after i get another kit and build it up im going to dye some ironwood to look like this.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
*****UPDATE****
here's the sets(cur2 set on left) after bleaching....

here's after 1st coat (cur2 stock on left)

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how's she look for a first timer???

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hopefully i can christen it next weekend....gonna look for ammo while i'm in sc this weekend :twisted:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Looks great Chris....I hope you the best in you're quest for 5.45.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
got a nice new pic.....the last was to dark...its done until i move and can own a sidefolder...which is better/more solid??the push button or lever??

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I've had the Romanian push button..Very solid and not to bad of a check well...I haven't had a lever so I don't know much about them..

Again though, looks good..

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what exactly does cur stand for?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got to shoot it this weekend...very smooth.....wife shot it more then me...she's got the bug now...called eminant domain on this one....oh well...guess i'll get annother gun to replace it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts