AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i hope the pictures bigger than on my last posting my ne romy underfolder with selector markings
click on the picture

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
Looks good.

What is the deal with three hash marks for the selector? Safe should be all the way up top.

Hootbro

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
mpoppel41 said:
cosmetic only! it fires semi only
He is refering to the safe position on top. Seems like it shouldnt have a hash mark, or it should be alot higher. It is a nice looking rifle, let us know how she shoots.

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
Indiansprings said:
mpoppel41 said:
cosmetic only! it fires semi only
He is refering to the safe position on top. Seems like it shouldnt have a hash mark, or it should be alot higher. It is a nice looking rifle, let us know how she shoots.
That is what I was referring to. Safe should be all the way up with maybe a slight dimple were the receiver folds into the top rail. Most receivers will not have three hash marks spaced in the middle for the selector.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh! i don't know! its a nodak receiver and he put the markings on it. so i figured it was correct. i took it to the range today put hundred rounds through it and no problems. can't say that for my other ak that someone else built. the magazine won't lock it just falls out. thats for another thread! that will be going back.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Nice rifle! What finish is that? The one that Gary built for me has Gunkote in black. Yours looks lighter with more of a gray tint to it. Could just be the lighting.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hootbro said:
Looks good.

What is the deal with three hash marks for the selector? Safe should be all the way up top.

Hootbro

Have you never seen the 3 round burst AK before? :shock:
Very rare! :grin:

safe.
semi.
3 round
full auto.

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
WarmGun said:

safe.
semi.
3 round
full auto.
I am going to point out the elephant in the room and say Overland screwed the pooch on this one.

Hootbro

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Looks like a nice build in my opinion. However, I am curious about the three hash marks.

Was it a customer request?

KF

·
Registered
307 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
Looks like a nice build in my opinion. However, I am curious about the three hash marks.

Was it a customer request?

KF
The customer requested that we add the country correct marking for "Safe", Semi-auto, and "Full Auto", he also requested that we provide notches for the marking. He want his personnel AK to have the look of the original rifle. We purposely made the top notch lower (not used per Stottman's photo portforlio, EXCELLENT job Stottman), so it would be seen, close to the "safe" engraving so that anyone with a reasonable knowledge of AK markings (and the markings, slots, ovals, and indents vary all over the place depending on the country of origin) could easily see that it was not the real deal, not to mention the lack of the third axis pin. I ran this by several experts I know to validate this choice and they they thought it was funny (as in clever), I am sorry you, that posted, didn't get it. Of course it is not in the right location that's the point, if my customer is out shooting and an overzealoousness Law Enforcement Agent with a knowledge of AK's see's the rifle they would just "blow it off", remember it also does not have the Third axis pin. He posted these pictures on another website and he (nor I) did not receive the hostility that was encountered here at this site.

I want to mostly appoliogize to my customer for this criticizem and embarressment, as he already knows, if there is anything he is not happy about with his build, customer satisfaction is what Overland Industries live by and will be happy to change it if he so chooses at no cost (we will pay for shipping both ways). Meanwhile, he is enjoying a well built shooter (not a collector rifle or a musuem quality rifile), built to his requirements, and out pumping out hundreds of trouble free rounds and having a great time. After all isn't "it about the Kalashnikov....not the money"......Isn't it? Are we not all here to enjoy sharing our passions for AK's and enjoy the sport ? I hope so or I am on the wrong website.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hootbro said:
WarmGun said:

safe.
semi.
3 round
full auto.
I am going to point out the elephant in the room and say Overland screwed the pooch on this one.

Hootbro
Please restate your comment in clear english so that I may properly respond to it. As stated I find it attacking, degrading, mean spirited, and criminal. Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
Please restate your comment in clear english so that I may properly respond to it. As stated I find it attacking, degrading, mean spirited, and criminal. Thank you and I look forward to your reply.
Criminal? Please do not give me veiled threats. I just stated an opinion. Maybe a wrong opinion but nevertheless, an opinion.

I actually respect and admire your work. This instance seemed very out of the ordinary and I guess I should not have pointed out the obvious and been inquisitive of it.

My apologies to anybody who might have been offended by my remarks.

I am done with this thread.

Hootbro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.