AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russian 91/30 Mosin Nagant. Tula factory marked 1938 with Finnish SA in a box. This is a Finnish capture Winter War or Continuation war capture rifle. Captured by the Fins and then rearsenaled and reissued to Finnish Troops.
Laminated wood stock, some matching parts...looks like the bottom of the ammunition magazine has a different serial number and the butt plate. Bolt is matching with "TULA" factory markings. Hooded front sight with cleaning rod. Small star on most small metal parts. OK I know your gonna ask so I gave $80.00 for it.

More Photos............
http://762x39.net/Mosin/MyMosin.htm

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
It has Finnish sling swivels. I am guessing the Finns flat out replaced the stock with another one. It is common to find mismatched numbers on a Finn. You did a good job on that one, Finn captures that are in good condition sell for $150 up.

Beautiful looking rifle!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Q-gunner2, heres a couple of bad photos of the markings...i took a white crayon to make them stand out a little...top photo you can see the SA factory mark and you can see the Russian Tula marking also.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Nice one old troop. Yep that is a Finnish pot belly stock on it. Why do you think it is laminated?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fireman.....LOL...now that I look at it again.....I dont think it is laminated.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Oy! I missed that, no it isn't laminated, I didn't even notice he said that!

To tell if a gun is laminated, simply remove the buttplate. Boom, instant info.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Old Troop, with some of these old stocks it can be hard to tell. Those old Finns are chock full of history. You gotta love 'em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts