AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local gunshop this week looking for a cheap AK. This GP Wasr 10/63 had just come in. Price was $426 plus tax. The Wasr looked a lot better than any previous Wasrs I had seen. No cant and the finish looked decent. So............I put my credit card down on the counter and took it home with me. It came with the usual stuff. I am glad I bought this one because all the ones I saw at the Salem Va. gunshow this weekend weren't nearly as nice. Now to shoot this bad boy...........

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm thinking about getting one of these and turning it into a beater. See what it can really take! but this one looks too nice!

Spooky

·
Registered
9 Posts
90% of the WASRs I've seen lately have been nice. Really, nice. I wonder how long before these are going for 5 or 6 hundred dollars?

Glad I got mine for 379. Looks as nice as the one here, Y stamp and all.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
It's cool that they're using demilled parts, as long as the barrel is in good shape you're good to go.

Looks like they took a foreward handguard with the grip and chopped it down.

I'd like to have a beater AK like that, but I think I almost have too many as it is........... :sad:

:lol:

Who am I kidding, you can't have "too many".

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Hmmm.....I may have to take a second look at these!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well.............All is not well in Denmark. I took the rifle out today to shoot a few rounds. The bolt and bolt carrier would not go totally into battery about half the time. The bolt also started riding over rounds in the mag. Boy was I disappointed (mad as hell). Luckily the shop I bought it from took it back. The really bad thing is it was an accurate shooting AK. Oh Well............I Tried...... :sad:
On a good note.........I bought a SSR-85C when I took the Wasr back....... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
AKMIKEFMJ said:
Well.............All is not well in Denmark. I took the rifle out today to shoot a few rounds. The bolt and bolt carrier would not go totally into battery about half the time. The bolt also started riding over rounds in the mag. Boy was I disappointed (mad as hell). Luckily the shop I bought it from took it back. The really bad thing is it was an accurate shooting AK. Oh Well............I Tried...... :sad:
On a good note.........I bought a SSR-85C when I took the Wasr back....... :mrgreen:

I would have seen if I could negotiate the price down/ get a small refund and then cut that into a parts kit. A matching numbers 1964 kit? Hell yes- build it on a better receiver and call it good. Even if you kept it on a WASR receiver, those problems are easy to fix.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Q-gunner2 said:
AKMIKEFMJ said:

I would have seen if I could negotiate the price down/ get a small refund and then cut that into a parts kit. A matching numbers 1964 kit? Hell yes- build it on a better receiver and call it good. Even if you kept it on a WASR receiver, those problems are easy to fix.
Easy but beyond my abilities........ :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts