AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my new AKS-74U build from Overland Industries and overall I am very pleased with the build job. Fit and finish is top notch and I especially like the finish that Gary completed on the wood furniture. The sites are straight, the stock locks up solid with no play, the bolt engages and reciprocates smoothly and the trigger is crisp with no mush.

I would have preffered the cyrillic markings to be engraved a little deeper however they are purely cosmetic and obviously don't affect function; after all this will be a shooter. I also had the side rail and Stormwerkz top rail installed during the build. I plan on adding an Aimpoint micro very shortly along with a Vickers sling. For now I have an Aimpoint M2 in LaRue RAS II mount that will work. I am also amazed at how much lighter this Krink feels over my Yugo M-92.

Here are some pics that I shot with the issued conical krink hider and also with the beer can style 4 pc. flash hider. I plan on running both at the range and decide which I like/ performs the best. Your opinions are also appreciated.

With beer can style flash hider...









With conical flash hider....









Close-up of the furniture...





Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,284 Posts
Nice looking krink. Finish looks outstanding.

I like the look with the conical flash hider IMO...

rivit job looks top notch...


congrats!!!!!!!!!

Now please save some ammo for the rest of us...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
brownstown said:
I like the look with the conical flash hider IMO...
Me too. I like the Bulgy 4-pc better with a 7.62 Krink, but the conical better with an original 5.45 Krink. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,939 Posts
With the cone on my M92 I was getting a tremendous fireball, even in sunlight. With the "beercan" on, it completely eliminated any flash!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Delta-3 said:
With the cone on my M92 I was getting a tremendous fireball, even in sunlight. With the "beercan" on, it completely eliminated any flash!
That is good to know and flash elimination will certainly have an impact on my muzzle device decision process.

Cheers
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Delta-3 said:
With the cone on my M92 I was getting a tremendous fireball, even in sunlight. With the "beercan" on, it completely eliminated any flash!
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
Since no one else has asked yet I will...

Can I have it? :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
buddyhoohaw said:
I just received my new AKS-74U build from Overland Industries and overall I am very pleased with the build job. Fit and finish is top notch and I especially like the finish that Gary completed on the wood furniture. The sites are straight, the stock locks up solid with no play, the bolt engages and reciprocates smoothly and the trigger is crisp with no mush.

I would have preffered the cyrillic markings to be engraved a little deeper however they are purely cosmetic and obviously don't affect function; after all this will be a shooter. I also had the side rail and Stormwerkz top rail installed during the build. I plan on adding an Aimpoint micro very shortly along with a Vickers sling. For now I have an Aimpoint M2 in LaRue RAS II mount that will work. I am also amazed at how much lighter this Krink feels over my Yugo M-92.

Here are some pics that I shot with the issued conical krink hider and also with the beer can style 4 pc. flash hider. I plan on running both at the range and decide which I like/ performs the best. Your opinions are also appreciated.

Cheers
Nice AKS-74U! I hate you! :mrgreen:

Could you please post close-ups of the engravings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
A Tremendous Suchka! :hail: :hail:
Most gentlemen on this forum must be envying you, buddyhoohaw!! :goof: :goof: :goof:
Could you please provide pics of her with tactical Aimpoint or some opticals like that? That would be some astonishing show.
PS: She's very beautiful, my friend! Even nicer than her combat full-auto prototypes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kahramon said:
A Tremendous Suchka! :hail: :hail:
Most gentlemen on this forum must be envying you, buddyhoohaw!! :goof: :goof: :goof:
Could you please provide pics of her with tactical Aimpoint or some opticals like that? That would be some astonishing show.
PS: She's very beautiful, my friend! Even nicer than her combat full-auto prototypes.
Thank you for the kind compliments comrade; I am honored to receive them from the country of origin :oops:

I will take some photos with the Aimpoint and post them shortly, hopefully this evening.

Cheers
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top