AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a cool looking MISR 10 today with a just got ran over by a tank look, took it to the range and it won't feed from mag. Tried 4 different type mags. Bolt just slides over rounds. Only if I loaded a mag with the top round on the right side of mag and held rearward pressure on mag it would chamber. But then it wouldn't eject the spent casing and would jam. So nothing but FTFs and FTEs. This rifle looks like it's been thru hell and back so I know it has ran like a champ sometime in its life. I want to revive it. What should I do first? This is my first AK for shootin so I'm ignorant to making this platform perform.

·
Registered
21,692 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Pictures would be very helpful in helping to diagnose the problem(s). At the very least there might be a problem with the bolt and possibly the receiver.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When it cycles, it will not eject and will try to load next round but will jam with spent case still in chamber.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Feed issue is probably mag well related. Does mag have a lot of forward/ backward play? Evidently if holding rearward pressure on the mag allows it to feed, I would say yes. That magwell looks pretty beat up.

·
Registered
21,692 Posts
Exactly what should I take pics of?

You're doing well so far. That magwell looks bent inward on one side which is likely the cause of the magazine issues.

We'll probably need to see the bolt face, the top of the gun without the top cover on, as well as what the chamber area looks like.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Looks like the ejector has been ground off. While your taking photos, with the rifle upside down push and hold the mag release so you can get a good shot of the selector stop plate where the magazines rear lug engages .

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not only is the ejector missing , it looks like the selector stop plate is pretty much gone so the possibility of firm mag lock up seems out and it also looks like someone took a grinder to the bottom of the bolt or could it be worn that flat?
I'm thinking it's a parts gun or get a new receiver and a few other parts and rebuild! Have you checked the barrel? even a simple bullet test just to be sure it's not a sewer pipe.
If it were mine i'd evaluate all the parts to determine if it is worth rebuilding.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well first I'll try to get my money back. If i can't then I will definitely part this one out. Have no clue what Maadi parts go for but I have a feeling rebuilding with new receiver and parts will cost more than I want to have in a shooter AK, I paid 650 for the rifle yesterday.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’d say the receiver is trash also. Bubba really had fun with that one. IF the barrel and is nice, and it has nice original Egyptian furniture, you may get $4-500 parting it out, but given the receiver condition, I doubt it.
Id try to get your money back.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Single stack is probably why (one of the reasons) it's feeding only from one side of the mag

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well first I'll try to get my money back. If i can't then I will definitely part this one out. Have no clue what Maadi parts go for but I have a feeling rebuilding with new receiver and parts will cost more than I want to have in a shooter AK, I paid 650 for the rifle yesterday.

Good luck, I hope it all works out for ya!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts