AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yugo "spigot" (non parkerized)...............sounds so "plumberish"...........

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Beautiful! :shock:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually much prettier than the rifle. I need to go throw it out in the gravel driveway and step on it a few times and then leave it out in a snow pile to rust a bit and then maybe by May or June it'll be ready to reinstall.................... :neutral: :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Well just go ahead and do one for me too! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was trying to think of some good smartass comment to reply to about what I've launched with it so far but decided to hold off........... :wink:

As far as building these, I can't believe that "hotbarrel" guy is selling these for $45. They take a LONG time to make. Easy to make if have a lathe and tools and know how to use them, but very, VERY time consuming lathe work.

As far as selling??? I am going to build some EG rifles, some km's and kms's I think and offer them for sale. They are unique enough I think. I'm just too scared to start "taking on builds". I've witnessed too many forum horror stories so far....... :shock: :sad: So if you like what I make just wait...........keep your eyes open.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
Most excellent!!!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not too bad considering you didn't send me yours to copy!! :cool: :grin:

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Is the outside diameter of the launcher the "standard" 22mm on the real deal?

I have a Yugo fixed kit showing up tomorrow, a hotbarrel 'launcher' attachment on the way, and lucked out at the gunshow today, scoring an M31 practice rifle grenade in very good condition for $10 (fins a bit bent, slight dent in nose, i.e. used but still serviceable)

I don't think I'll have the 'big brass ones' (or the lack of brains) to actually fire it, but I figured it would make a neato display setup. :smile:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Hey Dawg, good to see you here man!

Take a look down a little, we've got a forum here dedicated to de-milled and reproduction ordnance...... :twisted:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep.....22mm. I turned it to .862 ~ .863" DIA if I remember correctly. :wink: Scavenged the tension/friction ring from an old HK G3 flash hider.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Here is my original.

I actually have shot grenades off of this gun. I used east german blanks; because they are not grenade launching blanks, the grenade doesn't go nearly as far. Of course, that means I can actually find the grenade, and it doesn't damage my rifle when I fire it, so it's Ok.

The grenades go about 40m with the weak blanks, the real blanks would make the grenade go about 300m.

I offered to loan out an original to several people, to facilitate cloning. All I asked is for one of the clone offspring (I believe several folks had commercial ventures in mind). No takers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts