AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta figure out how to take less grainy pics without having the pic be too BIG?????????

An SA-85 kit from CFS. They did me right on this kit!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Looks good, what did you use to refinish the metal?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's taken me a while to get the "semi-gloss" look without it being ugly. This my first success with my "latest" technique. First off, the kit was so nice I only refinished the receiver and trigger guard and masked the rest off after it was all assembled. But I did the base coat (after sand blast and degrease) with Brownell's matte black moly-teflon and then a light mist over that with Brownells GLOSSY black baking lacquer. Came out real "right". :wink:

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
nice, i should have gotten one of those kits, but i am truly kit poor.

not that i'm a photographer or even knwo what the hell i'm doing, but i take my pics on high resolution and them resize them using a microsoft (i think) program that allows you to resize pics...???

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flygunz said:
Sweet! What receiver did you use?
Global Trades/"Arsenal" 1.0mm w/ no holes.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shoots just fine. Even hits point of aim without adjustments. :cool:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tomovich said:
Shoots just fine. Even hits point of aim without adjustments. :cool:
Thats good to hear...I have a S.E.R ordered and can't wait.

Did you finish the wood?
Was it easy?
Can a guy with two left hands do it?

Thanks
e5i5o

:smile:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was kind of lucky. I didn't have to refinish any wood for this one. I had a set of brand NEW wood left from a pre ban Kassner import SA85 that I converted to an AMD-65 back about 15 years ago before anyone even knew what one was. :grin: The wood was perfect. :wink:

·
Registered
857 Posts
The matte black with a thin overspray layer of gloss black is exactly what I have used on my past three or four builds...

Works Great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts