AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I picked up a new set up for my krinkov, it's an Ultimak rail and vortex red dot. Now every 5-6 shot its constantly throwing a flyer off to the lower left, at 50 yards. I'm left handed and it's done this with my friend shooting it as well. It's a non sbr with a fake can(barrel is at 8 inches with a good crown). The build was done by investment grade firearms, he does amazing work.
I guess I'm wondering I've run around 1100 rounds through it and with the can on I can't clean the barrel end properly. Could Carbon build up be the issue?
or a bad case of ammo?
Although it's not doing this out of my ak-74m so I'm lost I guess.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Left flyer? Interesting. Could be carbon buildup. Not sure. If they were all doing that I would assume it was the barrel. Hmmm...

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shot it this morning at 25-50 and 100 yards at 100 now it's at the far left almost off the paper.
at 25-50 it's doing acceptable I'd still hit a man size target, and again it's only after the 5-6 round that it starts acting up.
im totally lost on this one makes no sense could it be something going on with the forward rail? To much pressure or to little pressure on the barrel?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
There needs to be clearance between the Ultimak and the rear sight block and the gas block should not butt up to the Ultimak but be back a little to where it covers a little bit of the end of the gas block but is actually not touching it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up ill have to adjust the ultimak rail I think it could be to far forward .
ill keep you posted if that's it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so today I ran the krinkov through a carbine class at sig in New Hampshire. I was grouping good occasionally throwing flyers, no big deal I was thinking it might be my fault at this point, (poor trigger pull)
then , It got weird, it's now key-holing quite a bit, I removed the ultimak rail after about an hour of shooting and just ran iron sites.
To give you an idea, I'm shooting within an 8 inch circle, from 3 yards out to 70 yards. Standing and running.
why the hell would it be key-holing now, after having it rebuilt a year ago and it only has around 12-1500 rds through it.

i ended the class with an IWI tavor with iron sites, it was my back up. I ended up coming in first for the day, overall despite the issues with my go to gun.
i have an unhealthy love for my krinkov and I need to get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It was a brand new Bulgarian parts kit from K-var that I got 8-9 years ago, when they we around 400 bucks. It's an all matching numbers kit. I had jayson from investment grade firearms build the gun it's an one of the best built guns I've handled. up until 2 weeks ago is run fantastic. I as shooting it off hand out to 300 yards with no issue last fall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can you retrieve one of the flyers and inspect it for bullet shearing?

I'm not experienced with Krinkovs but do their barrels wear prematurely? The key holing issue (outside of an ammunition characteristic) is strange.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I think somehow the bullets are comine in contact with the fake can. JMHO

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think somehow the bullets are comine in contact with the fake can. JMHO
i was thinking the same thing, but as I said above it's very difficult to clean, the crown and inside the fake can. I'm wondering if I should take it off and re-weld it back on after I clean the crown. If I go this rout what should I look for besides a bullet test. To check the barrel

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I doubt you have a bad barrel I would look for bullet strikes inside the fake can.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Checked the can out with a fiber optic light, no hits no scratches no sign of anything except carbon build up.
i need to try the ammo in another ak-74 to see what the hell is going on with this. I'm praying it's just. A bad batch of 7N6 ammo.
Anyone experience bad ammo in the spamcans?

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
Checked the can out with a fiber optic light, no hits no scratches no sign of anything except carbon build up.
i need to try the ammo in another ak-74 to see what the hell is going on with this. I'm praying it's just. A bad batch of 7N6 ammo.
Anyone experience bad ammo in the spamcans?
I have not had a problem with 5.45 mil-surp key holing, but anything is possible. I would clean the can and barrel and try a few rounds of non mil at close range and continue backing
away from target until you reach 50 yds. My concern is barrel wear at this point according to your posts.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I had a batch of '77 factory 270 give quite a few keyholes. unfortunately I started this batch when trying out my new bulgy barreled izzy aks. I was shitting myself till my sgl started doing it to. Determined ivan must have made that batch on a Monday or Friday.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
guys, I dont think its contacting, but rather getting turbulently interrupted when it enters and exits the brake. ? probably some mis powered rounds.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll try to get some more ammo, 7N6 is everywhere around here I grabbed this past tin for 220 even, I think that's a good deal.
i hope I get to the bottom of this soon. I'm a bit pissed I love this gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts